Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called the humane society about a dog they had available. She was surrendered by her owner, and he said she is an Irish Wolfhound mix.

She is 9 months old and weighs 32 lbs. She looks exactly like a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. She and Aidan could be twins, except he is larger.

I called because we were interested in adopting her, but while I was on the phone discussing this, another family adopted her.

Is it possible, probable, for her to be half Irish Wolfhound? TIA for your help -- everyone in my family is interested to know the answer.

Found a pic online:
Tootsie.jpg

PS Aidan doesn't look like the pic in my sig any more. Before I clipped him, he looked a lot like her, only hairier. I don't think she's a purebred Wheaten. She may not be a terrier mix at all ... but I don't see how she could be half Irish Wolfhound.

RC

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what's the question?
Gee whiz, I think I am having a senior moment!

Can this be possible, that the dog is half Irish Wolfhound? I found a pic of her online which I added to my original post. She doesn't look exactly like a Wheaten, but close enough.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Wow ... IMHO ... that dog looks entirely too small to be an Irish Wolfound mix! It was a really cute dog ... but reminded me of Leeo and Blu Boy crossed with a Wheaton Terrier. :/

I believe it to be a mix of Terrier of sorts ... small Terriers. It also reminds me of a white Schnauzer in the face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts