Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone- I have a large dog and I need to order heart worm prevention. I have had him tested at the vet (and all other vaccines/fixing etc...) and he has received his first dose. However, I don't really want to pay the vet prices for it each month. The receptionist at the vet even said I could find it online cheaper... Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on valuheart or any other generic heart worm preventions. I'd like to save some money if possible, but obviously I want my dog to have good protection. Is there anyway to compare ingredients online of the different meds?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
If your vet will write you a prescription, you can buy any brand online. I don't know of any way to compare the ingredients other than to look each one up individually. You can also use liquid Ivomec (or generic equivalent). That would be the cheapest way. If you want to do that you can find more information if you Google it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hello everyone- Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on valuheart or any other generic heart worm preventions. I'd like to save some money if possible, but obviously I want my dog to have good protection. Is there anyway to compare ingredients online of the different meds?

Thanks for any advice!
Take a look at this chart to compare a few popular HW prevention meds.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=580

I have used Valuheart , Proheart , Nuheart and Iverheart. They all worked fine for my dogs.

You may also want to look at my post in the "B Mectin for Heartworm?" thread..............

Best , oldhounddog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts