Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my guy was fine -- didn't eat anything different ...woke me up at 1:00 am and had very gassy, watery diarrhea --- then again at 2:00 am, then 3:33 am, then 5:30 am, then 6:30 am ....then we finally got up for the day -- and he's gone a few time during the day.

It's like a stream of water -- and a gas sound -- yellow coloring (sorry for the graphics)

Other than this -- he seems fine -- I made him brown rice & boiled chicken -- he ate the chicken and a little rice.

Any suggestions???:confused:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If you're positive he hasn't eaten anything new, I'd be concerned. Something's going on in there.

I would stop feeding him for 24 hours and let his digestive system rest. After that, then start in with very small "meals" of rice and chicken through the day. Really try to get him to drink some water. If he still has this condition, then I'd take him to the vet.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In your opinion, do you think the marrow from a soup bone can cause diarrhea? I've given him them before -- but he did have one before bedtime last night and was eating the marrow....

He has been drinking water -- I've read on different sites to give it 48 hrs if there is no other symptoms before taking him to the vet --- I think it sounds right because people usually wait that time too before going to the doctor. I was always a firm believer to let it run its course to get rid of all the bad stuff causing it.

What do you think - in your opinion???:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts