Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night, at 1:30 am in the morning, i wake up to roaring sounds under my house . Somewhere along the roaring , i could hear a wimping sound. I go out to the balcony to find a gang of 4 stray dogs holding on the ground another stranger stray dog (apparently not in their pack) who was struggling to get out of their jaws . Each dog of the gang had the dog pinned down from a different area of his body , ripping his flesh apart.
It was scary ....
The second i see that, adrenaline pumped in my angry body and i scream my lungs out yelling at them : " HEY ! leave him alooone !!! " .
And off they ran. I saved his life.

My concern is :

I own a Caucasian ovcharka . He is very aggressive towards stranger dogs and there is no doubt that he will be the one who starts trouble if he sees them.

He is only 2 and half years old. Although his bark or size might scare them, but i dont think he's got the experience or management to defend himself properly if he's outnumbered .

I am planning to contact the local municipality here, and report a complain about the dogs .

Meanwhile, should i cancel our evening walks ?

thanks.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would not be out if there were dogs roaming, especially when you've witnessed them being aggressive. Dogs (any breed) in a pack like that scare me and I wouldn't want to risk me or my dog to be the next victim. I hope your authorities take care of the problem before someone gets hurt or killed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.