Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mia has this game she came up with that cracks me up so I was wondering has anyone else's dog come up with a funny game?

Mia plays a game where she tries to lick the back of my leg without me seeing her. And I try to escape her attempt to lick my leg. It started one day when I was walking and I feel a dog lick my leg. I said 'Hey! Who's touching me!?'

Mia seemed to find that HILARIOUS so she got all wiggly and bouncy and zoomy.

So now she tries to lick me then when I catch her I say 'HEY!' and she darts off all happy like. It's adorable.

Hank has discovered jumping on the bed. He's the first dog I've had really get into using the mattress as a springboard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haha the licking leg game. Best not to play that on a set of stairs!

Charlie thinks playing hide and seek under her bed is great fun. She flips it over, hides until we start calling her then bursts out with crazy puppy energy.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Soro thinks it's great fun to start digging a hole outside when he is let out for his last potty break before bed when it is pitch black and cold outside (and not ever during his other, daylight potty breaks). He has never been a digger in his life and when I call him to the door he is dusty and brown nosed.

Does that count? :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Looting the recycling bin of empty boxes and then stashing it on his bed/crate while they are ripped to pieces to torture his humans.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Bennie thinks it's great to wander off on purpose (looking back at me as she goes) and very obviously waiting to be called. When I call her she trots on back all giddy and proud to get her treat!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
You all know about flirt poles, right? Well Bucky seems to have made up his own version of the game. He puts a toy on the ground and runs in circles tagging it or picking it up to toss or shake on every pass by.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Mia's game sounds hilarious :)

Obi has this one ball that he loves above all else. I can't remember how it started, but he loves it when I hide the ball in a blanket and he has to try to get the ball out of the blanket. When he gets it out I put it back under the blanket, trying to come up with new ways to fold the blanket to make it harder for him. He never gets tired of it. I think the longest we played was about an hour.

When no one will put the ball in the blanket for him, he puts the ball on the blanket, then digs around on the blanket until the ball is hidden, then he has to get the ball out again.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Squash invented "pay attention to me/let me outside or the toy box gets it." Which basically means he escalates through a very deliberate sequence of paw touching, sliding, biting, tipping over, and ultimately flinging the now-empty toy box around the room (it's just a cheap rubbermaid bin). At each step, he stops to see if I am looking/getting up before moving on to the next.

I actually think it's kind of adorable so I sometimes let him go through the whole thing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Shae's go-to game is:

1. Swipe dishrag from counter.
2. Run away as fast as she can.
3. Come back and stand within 8ft of me.
4. Stare at me and wait for me to make the slightest head movement towards her.
5. Bark, play bow, and run away as fast as she can when I do.
6. Repeat when unsuccessful.

It is a game I've given into admittedly lol. Mostly because it's kind of fun/funny and I don't really give a squat about the dishrags.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Monty has his "dolly" (a headless, armless doll now) and every night he has to have his game of "find it". I usually hide it away during the day so the other dogs do not run off with it as he will not go to sleep until he finds it at night. I will say "where is your dolly?" and he starts looking for it so he can leap up on the bed with it and roll around on it and wait for me to hide it again. We play our game of fetch every night and that is the only time and only toy he plays this with. Some nights I have had to crawl around looking under the bed and everywhere till we find it as he won't give up till he has it to sleep with.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Queenie sneaks up and ambushes my jeans cuffs while I'm pulling jeans on. No matter how often it results in her accidentally getting kicked in the head, she persists.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Squash invented "pay attention to me/let me outside or the toy box gets it." Which basically means he escalates through a very deliberate sequence of paw touching, sliding, biting, tipping over, and ultimately flinging the now-empty toy box around the room (it's just a cheap rubbermaid bin). At each step, he stops to see if I am looking/getting up before moving on to the next.

I actually think it's kind of adorable so I sometimes let him go through the whole thing.
HA! Reminds me of a game Sor used to play as a puppy in my mom's office. Unfortunately, back then I was more clueless and punished him with scare tactics when I caught him rifling through those short office waste bins. But all that came of it was, when he wanted attention and saw that my mom was watching him, he would very slowly move his head into the bin, all the while watching my mom. He'd eventually pick up one piece of trash (crumpled paper, styrofoam cup...) and if my mom started 'warning' him "Sorooo... noooo..." He would take it out and spit it onto the floor. Then as long as my mom kept watching him, he would sloooowly reach back in.....
He really came to enjoy being 'yelled at' for attention :D

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
HA! Reminds me of a game Sor used to play as a puppy in my mom's office. Unfortunately, back then I was more clueless and punished him with scare tactics when I caught him rifling through those short office waste bins. But all that came of it was, when he wanted attention and saw that my mom was watching him, he would very slowly move his head into the bin, all the while watching my mom. He'd eventually pick up one piece of trash (crumpled paper, styrofoam cup...) and if my mom started 'warning' him "Sorooo... noooo..." He would take it out and spit it onto the floor. Then as long as my mom kept watching him, he would sloooowly reach back in.....
Jubel has similar attention seeking "games". Not so much anymore, now he mostly just barks at me. He would stare straight at me and slowly move closer and closer to some object he knew he couldn't have/chew, slowly opening his mouth as he got close to it. Sometimes he'd snatch and run at the last second and sometimes he'd grab it and slowly walk away still looking me right in the eyes.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Shep also has a couple of spots that he will paw up, not really dig up, when I leave him outside.

Two years ago, he taught me 'hide & seek' : he grabbed a toy on his own, brought it to me, rather than handing it to me, he threw it down (throwing down the gauntlet?). If I tossed it away he got it immediately (he can't run anymore, so 'immediately' is relative), and threw it down. So, one day I 'locked' him in a room and hid the toy elsewhere in the house, then I let him seek it out. We incrementally got up to out-of-sight areas. As long as he could access it, he could retrieve it... I guess he created a 'nosework' game.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Jubel has similar attention seeking "games". Not so much anymore, now he mostly just barks at me. He would stare straight at me and slowly move closer and closer to some object he knew he couldn't have/chew, slowly opening his mouth as he got close to it. Sometimes he'd snatch and run at the last second and sometimes he'd grab it and slowly walk away still looking me right in the eyes.
I love these. Diabolical little so-and-sos. :D

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Kairi likes to push the flirt pole around like she's herding the sheep or something. I had a video of it floating around here before.

Ember like to grab things and fling them when she is bored.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Molly and I have a game where she pokes me with her nose and I say 'beep'. I guess she didn't make it up entirely since I said beep/squeaked at her in response, but she instigated and she thinks it's the most hysterical thing in the world.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mike invented 'goalkeeper'.

He picks up one of his twenty balls lying around. Then he'll crawl under a small coffeetable that is honestly too small for him to crawl under, but somehow he makes it work. He will lie there facing whoever's sitting on the chair next to the coffee table. Then he carefully lays the ball on the ground in front of his nose and ever so gently he gives it a nudge... making the ball roll and bump against the person's feet. Then he waits for the person to kick the ball back under the coffeetable, where Mike is defending his goal by snatching the ball out of the air.

This game continues on forever. And yes, he has hit his head against the roof of the coffee table lots of times. Doesn't seem to spoil the fun for him.

I think he's become just as obsessed with football (soccer) as my father. As it happens, they often play this game during a football match.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Bennie thinks it's great to wander off on purpose (looking back at me as she goes) and very obviously waiting to be called. When I call her she trots on back all giddy and proud to get her treat!
Lol! That sounds so cute.

Shae's go-to game is:

1. Swipe dishrag from counter.
2. Run away as fast as she can.
3. Come back and stand within 8ft of me.
4. Stare at me and wait for me to make the slightest head movement towards her.
5. Bark, play bow, and run away as fast as she can when I do.
6. Repeat when unsuccessful.
OMG Pepper does this too! If I go after her at all she runs behind the table and waits for me to chase her. If I ignore her completely she lies down with it next to her and then snatches it up at the slightest movement from me. I have to be sneaky to get it away from her without giving in to her game.

Pepper is obsessed with chasing reflections (bad I know). Last summer she discovered that if she bumps the BBQ utensils hanging from the BBQ they will move and create reflections on the ground that she can pounce on and chase. She keeps nudging them when they stop moving so she can keep playing :)

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nike absolutely loves to run at full speed and launch herself in my lap. If I sit on the ground at the dog park and call her she will just about kill herself trying to get to my the fastest way possible. She then "knocks me down" and we have a cuddle fest/puppy party.

My German shepherd rocket toys with the other dogs. She grabs a toy and runs around getting their attention. She then "drops" it and waits for them to go for it. Then she immediately plows over them in happy victory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts