Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gambit is 1.5 years old. We've had him since he was a puppy. Last night he was in my bed and Malcolm was in there too. I was standing by the bed looking at something on my phone. Suddenly I hear growling and barking and look up to see Gambit getting up to stand, his back up and everything, looking at me. It was like he didn't recognize me suddenly. We'd been in the room for 5 minutes.

I said "what happened buddy did you forget who I was?" he stopped barking and started wagging his tail as I said that and went over to pet him.

I'm not sure maybe he saw a ghost or something behind me.:wink:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Haha! Strange! Kane actually did that to me last night too. He was lying on the couch beside me and when I moved to pick up my phone he just started staring at me like he didn't know me and didn't like my sitting there. I asked him what was wrong (a couple of times) and he just stared. So I ignored him and eventually he went back to sleep. He hasn't done anything like that since he was a puppy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Quill used to do that in the evenings (only in the evening though!) when he was woken up. It was like a sudden you startled me awake, who are you, what do you want?! And then the moment he realized it was me, he would be all over me, in my face, kissing, loving me as if to apologize. I always told him it was okay -- I'd be grumpy if someone suddenly woke me up too! And it was an easy fix. We just let him be when he was sleeping, and he learned if we accidentally woke him and he was being grumpy, he should go to his kennel to sleep. Now he hasn't done that in months, so apparently whatever grumpy confused stage it was has passed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are such funny creatures. Gambit wasn't even asleep lol. He had been lying there looking at me.

He did the same to my dad in the kitchen. He was sitting there watching my sister get his dinner ready and dad had been standing there they were talking and suddenly Gambit jumped up barking at dad! Then he was all wag wag lick lick.

Mind you he runs off with his pap every morning and spends the whole day at pap's house during the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.