Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I participated in a fundraising hike with Luna to provide PTSD service dogs to local first responders that need them. Here are pictures! (sorry about the size, photobucket is not letting me resize, sigh)

*Disclaimer, not all photos were taken by me. Some were taken by the event photographer and some were taken by my dad.

I love this picture. I was completely unaware it was happening (this was when we just arrived and I was registering) but Luna was obviously -so- ready for her close up. "Yes! Take my photo! Aren't I fabulous!"

Derpy picture of me and Fish face on the hike.

Hanging out at our spot after the hike. Luna was very interested in something in some trees near us.

Walking back to our seats after getting lunch! It was so neat, they were serving gourmet veggie dogs, and the menu was dog themed so each option was a breed name. "The German Shepherd" "The Saint Bernard" "The Chihuahua" etc. I got "The Staffodshire Terrier" :)

We won a prize for raising the 2nd highest amount of donations!

Dad "You want -that- picture?"
Me "Oh yea, I want this picture."
I think Luna got tired of posing nicely.

It was just a really nice event. Beautiful weather and wonderful people. The person who runs the foundation that trains the service dogs (who also has PTSD himself) made a brief speech about the dogs and how much of a difference they make to the lives of their owners. I was kneeling on the ground with Luna and she came up to me and stood on my legs and put her head on my shoulder like she was hugging me. It was such a precious moment. Like she was trying to say she loved and needed me too.

It is so cool to me that Luna was able to directly help people in need. Yea, she didn't do the fundraising herself. but I would have never even considered participating in an event like this if I didn't have her, and a lot of the people who donated I wouldn't know if I didn't have her.

Okay enough sentiment 2nd post puppy pics...

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So on the way home from the hike we stopped by an adoption event. It was -crazy packed- so we didn't stay for long, but we popped over to see SDRRanger and one of her rescue's current puppies Miss Zola aka Luna's mini-me.

Oh puppy Zola you annoy me so!
We were joking; "Don't get this *points to Zola* if you don't want this! *points to Luna"

And just a couple pics of us from the event. Luna was listening so well and being so well behaved. Like I said, the place was totally packed with people and kids and dogs. Here we were behind the booth tables just to not be in people's way.

All in all it was a great day out! When we got home she was totally pooped.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Looks like fun! Luna is so cute! What a good girl :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It looks like you both had a lot of fun! Congratulations on winning a prize! I'm sure it was well deserved.

I love that 4th picture of Luna looking over at the trees :)

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like fun! Luna is so cute! What a good girl :)
Thanks! It was definitely a lot of fun!

It looks like you both had a lot of fun! Congratulations on winning a prize! I'm sure it was well deserved.

I love that 4th picture of Luna looking over at the trees :)
Thank you! I really like that picture as well. Something about the way her fur looks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts