Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By "coolest" I mean "badass", "awesome", etc.

For me, it'd be the Belgian Shepherd. They're the kind of dog you'd associate with a haunted house - something that would give you goosebumps if you saw it sitting in a beam of moonlight in a cemetery, or silently running across a misty field in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.kennels.co.uk/images/P.BSD.Groenendael.jpg

They just look so cool, like how I picture hellhounds. They have that wolf-like look to them, but with pitch black fur. And their fur is so shaggy, except around their feet, which makes them seem like they could be nimble and quick, too.

So...I'm not expecting a whole lot of replies to this, because I'm not sure there IS a more badass-looking dog than a Belgian shepherd.

Once again:

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/794/95023809.JPG

It just can't be beat.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I say Belgian Shepherd too, but in my case, the Malinois ;) I think those dogs are "badass." In a good way of course .. so athletic and smart and handsome. I wouldn't mess with one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yorkshire Terriers are of caurse the coolest:D

Here is a pic. of my Yorkies mom:)
Her name is Emma (But in pedigree Rosetopp´s Cover Girl).

Rottweiler is my ''badass'' breed, and Dogue De Bordeaux.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
There is seriously nothing more helldog ish to me then a Yorkie.
Look at this scary guy...

I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley

·
Registered
637 Posts
you gotta love the GSD for its allround general badassness

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
The only time I think "badass" when I see a dog is usually when the owner has made a concerted effort to make their dog look "tough"...in which case I'm usually rolling my eyes and/or snickering as I think it :p

I will agree, though, that Belgian Sheepdogs/Groenendael are exceptionally beautiful dogs (except for the current trend toward collie-like heads which seems rather ridiculous).

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Oh man, my vote would have to go for Belgian Shepherds too... I absolutely love that breed and find them incredibly stunning. They are very high on my list of purebreds to own. But that Beauceron that was posted was INCREDIBLE! What a stunning, stunning dog. I have never even heard of that breed before.

A well-bred Shikoku-ken also gives me goosebumps... I love this breed, their intensity and primitive nature. I would love to own one someday.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If I'm allowed to vote for a dog I personally met and is a mutt, I vote for the incredible Malamute/Giant Shep mix I helped rescue. He was 130 lbs of pure awesome:

And after that of course - Jasper. :p About as awesome-looking as they come, but with a heart of pure gold!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heh, I forgot how awesome those pit bull-type dogs can look when they're all muscled up.

Like someone else said: I've never heard of a Beauceron before, but they do look incredible.

I honestly can't tell if the people who put the Yorkies were kidding or not...if you disregard their size, they do have that distinct look. I suppose if a Yorkie were a large-sized dog it would actually be shockingly beautiful.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm gonna have to say my own dog, Ronan is up there on my list! Many people who come in contact with him get uneasy around him because he never looks at you, he stares right through you! Plus he is very aware of everything around him and often watches newcomers very closely. They get this sense of being watched and sure enough Ronan has his eye on them with an indescribable intensity!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ronan is STUNNING! :eek: I can completely see what you mean about the intensity of his look. What a beauty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those Beaucerons for sure have that badass look!! Gorgeous!

Ronan is so beautiful OC_Spirit!!

Those dogo argentino dogs are pretty tough looking too!

And the bull terrier! Look at that chest! LOL!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I second the Beauceron....DH and I saw one recently in a dog show and we were both very impressed.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.