Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this summer I want to do some fun things with my 1 yr old cairn besides the usual (runs, dog park, fetch etc)... any fun ideas?

·
Registered
637 Posts
i live far away form the beach but i try to go there at least once a month, the dogs love it

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hand held spotlight - $50.

Nighttime trip out to the town dump - $0.

Watching your Cairn kill rats for 2 hours - priceless.

YMMV.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Summer here we have lots of human society fundraisers and dog days.
Such as woofstock, scugog dog days of summer, niagara dog fest. Just look in your area. Lots of fun to go to. We went to woofstock this weekend. Will be heading to Barkham this weekend coming up, then scugog days of summer in a few weeks.

Maybe pick up a agility or fly ball class. Always lots of fun, somthing my dog and I do (agility)

Camping trips with friends and dog friendly camp grounds. I always find the ones with dog parks and beachs. A dog friendly beach. Road trip some where fun.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hand held spotlight - $50.

Nighttime trip out to the town dump - $0.

Watching your Cairn kill rats for 2 hours - priceless.

YMMV.
I like this idea as well, only I would worry about sharp fragments that could seriously injure a prey-driven terrier.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like this idea as well, only I would worry about sharp fragments that could seriously injure a prey-driven terrier.
there is so many things wrong with it apart from sharp fragments. it's a dump.... disease...leptospirosis from rat urine and bites, fleas, general ickiness...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi this is my first post on the fourm long time lurker,

With your terrier, you should look into something that will bring out his natural traits, try to find a earthdog club in your area, this allows the dogs to go through tunnels with various lengths and turns to find a real rat, the rat in behind bars and never hurt, but it is great fun to watch your dog, no training needed, and you can earn titles through AKC, really fun stuff,

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Or you can build your own tunnels with PVC piping from home depot and get a few feeder mice put them in a cage or one of those hampster balls then let them go...

with my girls westy we put her hampster in the ball, let the hampster run around...then we show the westy the ball with the hampster in it she then gets obsessed with it put a treat in it and clse the ball up put it on the ground and she goes absolutly nuts over it when she gets the treat she thinks shes won..until next week.
And what does the hamster think of all this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts