Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Fun, Healthy Food Supplements?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Gina_1978 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some more raw foods to add to my dogs diet. Every now and again she gets fresh green-beans, raw pumpkin, coconut chips and raw eggs.
What do you guys feed your dogs to spice up their meals? Pictures are welcome too!
Here's Ayana enjoying her first egg:

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't usually add anything to the kibble itself (except sometimes water) but I do often feed raw meats for one of her meals and she really enjoys it. I wouldn't bother with the green beans/pumpkin, etc since dogs don't really need any plant material and they already get plenty from any kibble. I feed a raw egg about once a week and usually whenever we cook meat I'll save a raw piece and give it to her for dinner...chicken, beef, pork etc.

#7 ·
I feed raw, but I do occasionally as well add some frozen-thawed green beans, carrots etc into ground raw food occasionally, for a treat more than anything. I guess raw eggs kinda counts as their diet already but I do feed them a raw egg in a meal once a week or so.. other then that, the only plant and grain material they get in their diet occasionally is raw green tripe from beef, elk or bison, etc. I think i've heard of people buying canned green tripe to add to kibble, which would be a good supplement/topping for kibble fed dogs.

#8 ·
Sydney got a bit of raw (previously frozen) salmon left over from our dinner tonight. She lives the life. ;p Can't wait to start shifting more into a raw diet once I move and can start focusing on it more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.