Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so the dna test said she was half Neo mastiff half corso, and then the next one said lab and great dane... I have NO faith in these, my friend sent her pure corso in (papered and so on) it came back la and great dane, which is not possible. so with all these people that know dogs so much better than DNA tests, please tell me is this girl i rescued 9 months ago a pure Corso, the people said her dad was neo, but looking back, i seriously DOUBT that he was her father, her mum was hard to define. she is now 11months old.

[/IMG]

this is a front on of her

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Judging by that pic, I'd have to say there's a big possibility that she has some Neo in her. In fact I'd say she looks more Neo than Corso.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Could it be possible that the lab/dane test didn't have corso in it's DNA library? Not all tests recognize every breed, especially relatively uncommon ones.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Could it be possible that the lab/dane test didn't have corso in it's DNA library? Not all tests recognize every breed, especially relatively uncommon ones.
I agree......I can't get one for my APBT because most of the test I have looked at don't list the APBT or the AST in their breed lists.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I would say neoXcorso is a good possibility. I've also seen a big range in what pure bred corsos look like though so you never know for sure.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
She doesn't look pure bred to me but she does look GORGEOUS! She certainly has a wonderful shiny coat. I love her sleepy dog look. :) I would guess she is a mix of Corso and something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts