Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been letting the dogs sleep in the living room overnight. They used to sleep in their crates, but they were doing so good when we would leave them alone in the house that we figured they were ready to sleep out of their crates. It's been probably 2, maybe 2 and 1/2 weeks. They were doing great, no pottying inside, no chewing on anything.
And then this morning we woke up to a shredded book and a chewed on recliner leg. I don't know what happened... They had chew toys available. They know what they're allowed to chew on.
Now they have to back to sleeping in their crates. I'm so dissapointed...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Sounds like a case of boredom. Make sure they get a good run before bed and try waking up a little earlier to take them out and then go back to bed (if you can).

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It can be boredom but, it can also be teeth/gum issues. Dogs sometimes chew things to try and remove plaque buildup or to fix gum/tissue problems. They often resort to chewing on something harder than the usual chew toys....like sticks or table legs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can imagine how frustrating that is. I guess slow doses now. I have been seriously thinking of trying mine out at night, NOT NOW - Coco still chews and they haven't finished teething, I dont think, maybe that could bt it also. Sorry for your chair!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
A crate is a dog management tool that saves you money that you will never be aware of because of the chewing accidents that never happen. Also the dog never swallows something and dies because of it. I think it's a personal choice and one that you live with good or bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts