Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 dogs (one who doesn’t like… anything/anyone) and a 12 year old child. My neighbour has 1 very yappy pomeranian and 2 under-5 children. It’s time to replace the fence between our yards, and since my hubby is a contractor he’s doing the work. Today was fence-knocking-down day. It went well, and we are now fenceless.

I know my neighbour is scared of my one dog, and since she looks like a pit bull she must be a child and pom eating one. Of course my dog’s fear barking doesn’t help things. In any case, I told my neighbour ages ago that I would bring my dogs out in the front yard on leash while the fence was down, and she is free to let her dog run in my yard (since I figured she would anyway).

The fence has been down about 8 hours. I have brought my dogs out on leash in the front yard, as promised. My neighbour has let her yappy dog run through my yard as expected. Along with her young children. She has now asked me to:

a) Clean up the yard; apparently her child stepped in dog waste that ‘clearly did not belong to her dog’ given the inspected size
b) Asked why I don’t have a rail on my one-tread patio. Apparently it’s not safe for young children, and nor is my choice in patio furniture
c) Requested that I securely fasten the lid of my hot tub. Also apparently not safe for young children
d) Expressed concern at the 1.5” gap that will be in the fence boards, given my vicious pit bull who will apparently be able to get her snapping teeth through a 1.5” gap

I keep telling myself, it’s only a week… ONLY A WEEK! Thank goodness for places like this to vent.

Oh and for the worriers out there. I’ve secured the hot tub. But I’m not putting up a railing on my patio, or removing the patio furniture! And I don’t expect I’ll clean up the yard, since it was clean yesterday and we have been using the front yard since.

/rant

·
Registered
262 Posts
Excuse me? Her child stepped in dog poop in YOUR yard and you're being told to clean it? I don't bloody well think so!
Your patio furniture in YOUR yard is not up to her standards? Oh my you are much nicer than I am....let's just put it that way. That would be the day....:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excuse me? Her child stepped in dog poop in YOUR yard and you're being told to clean it? I don't bloody well think so!
Your patio furniture in YOUR yard is not up to her standards? Oh my you are much nicer than I am....let's just put it that way. That would be the day....:)
THANK YOU!!! And for the record, I'm fairly certain it's not even MY dog's poop, though I was unwilling to go have a good look at it. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just can't get over the balls of some idiots. Then again I'd have to be careful not to "lose it" as I'd be want to do in my area, since I'd end up getting shot, or stabbed, or my place burned down..but still. CRIPES!LOL

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I guess she thinks now that the fence is gone so is the property line? Wow. I'd be telling her - my property, I'll do things how I want. Tell her to keep her kids out of your yard.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some people are crazy. I'm trying REALLY hard not to stir things up with the neighbours (hem, my husband MADE me promise), but it has crossed my mind to ask them if they could please have a pool installed in their yard since my 12 year old daughter really would appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I know you have your fence building plans set but the 1.5 inch gap would worry me if I had a jerk for a neighbor. I can see a possible lawsuit in your future and the neighbor telling the judge about her warning about the 1.5 gap.

As far as the rest I got to blame you because you opened the gates for them. There are some idiots in the world you just cannot be nice to. Were it me I would have an electric fence running along with a couple bear traps while construction of other fence was in progress. That's just me though, I have no patience for jerks. I know, sounds mean but your neighbor is outrageous.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Because she said the neighbor could let the DOG use the yard when the fence was down

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know you have your fence building plans set but the 1.5 inch gap would worry me if I had a jerk for a neighbor. I can see a possible lawsuit in your future and the neighbor telling the judge about her warning about the 1.5 gap.

As far as the rest I got to blame you because you opened the gates for them. There are some idiots in the world you just cannot be nice to. Were it me I would have an electric fence running along with a couple bear traps while construction of other fence was in progress. That's just me though, I have no patience for jerks. I know, sounds mean but your neighbor is outrageous.
This!!LOL

This is the VERY reason that I hate people.

But if/when we get our own place we WILL have a fence...and if we have neighbors like we do now(send their kids to play in our unfenced yard...which the land lord told us we could fence..but would have to pay for it ourselves, which Im not willing to do for a house I only want to be in for a year!) we will be getting hot wire and t-posts and "marking out the property lines"....then fully fencing when we have the money!;) Believe me, one zap from a hot wire and no one is crossing that line!:p

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
This!!LOL

This is the VERY reason that I hate people.

But if/when we get our own place we WILL have a fence...and if we have neighbors like we do now(send their kids to play in our unfenced yard...which the land lord told us we could fence..but would have to pay for it ourselves, which Im not willing to do for a house I only want to be in for a year!) we will be getting hot wire and t-posts and "marking out the property lines"....then fully fencing when we have the money!;) Believe me, one zap from a hot wire and no one is crossing that line!:p
When (optimistic) you get place please make sure fences are allowed before purchase cause there are new laws/county/township rules etc adding to programs daily. You probably already know this but just in case.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's the my-kid's-the-center-of-the-universe parenting mode that annoys me more than anything. "Your stuff is not safe for MY child" -- yeah well then keep your child out of my stuff. I'm just sayin'.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts