Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a pet store the other day to buy a bag of dog food. I ended up getting Taste of the Wild. I am trying this food based on what I hear here and also its 6 star rating on that site that we all know and love. Who feeds this (either in rotation, solely, or just once). Feedback? Yes I know, it was mentioned. I live in the now ;) I do read old posts but it does get tiring sometimes.

Anyways, while I was getting this bag, I saw this odd looking can. Its called fruitables and its canned fruit. I got the pumpkin/cinnamon one. Thats the only one I saw, actually. Anyways, it sounds like a good thing to mix with my small dogs food. He is overweight, finicky, and always seems to have the munchies. The can claims this is good for digestion, giving the dog a nice "full" feeling, and is healthy for them. Has anyone tried this? I have heard of giving dogs pumpkin....is this a clever marketing ploy? Is pumpkin really that good? Could I get a human version cheaper? I paid a little over 2 dollars for this.

I am going to try this tonight with both dogs. I hope the little guy will eat it!
Thanks for reading and any input!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I used Taste of the Wild when I received some free samples. The dogs loved it and it actually smelled good. If they made a low fat version I would feed it.

As for the pumpkin, I would just stick with all natural or organic pumpkin :p

·
Banned
617 Posts
If you want to give your dogs fruit why would you give it to them out of a can?
Buy fresh fruit and see what they will eat. I would assume the can stuff will have needless things added to it. IMO fresh would be better.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think selling canned fruit for dogs is ridiculous......and I'm sure it's way more expensive than the same stuff sold for humans. If you want to give him pumpkin, there's plenty of it at the grocery store. Just avoid weird additives and you're set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts