Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda paranoid about fleas, since my dogs live inside with me. I don't even want the chance of a infestation.

So would using, Frontline Plus and also using a flea collar be too much?

Im also concerned for my dogs health. If it will harm him then i would rather not do so.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I would consider that too much. I have two inside only dogs (apt dwellers). We use topical only. Some flea/tick medications are associated with neurological toxicities so you would not want to over do it. I would go with topical (although I don't use frontline anymore - it lost it's effectiveness).
I have never, ever liked flea collars due to the amount of chemicals and how easily exposed they are to everything - the floor, the dog, inhalation by humans and dogs, the type of chemicals, etc. Topical is more expensive but generally works better.
We have only ever had one tick inside - and it was on my husband - not the dogs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would consider that too much. I have two inside only dogs (apt dwellers). We use topical only. Some flea/tick medications are associated with neurological toxicities so you would not want to over do it. I would go with topical (although I don't use frontline anymore - it lost it's effectiveness).
I have never, ever liked flea collars due to the amount of chemicals and how easily exposed they are to everything - the floor, the dog, inhalation by humans and dogs, the type of chemicals, etc. Topical is more expensive but generally works better.
We have only ever had one tick inside - and it was on my husband - not the dogs.
What do you use now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts