Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding my almost 7-month-old puppy (weighing between 37 to 40 pounds) Fromm's Large Breed Puppy dry kibble until recently when I found their Four Star Grain-Free kibble was rated 5 stars on dogfoodadvisor.com. Since Fromm's Four Star line is "Suitable for All-Life Stages" and my previous LBP bag was finishing, I decided to research the food some more and then made the switch since it seems to have a great reputation (if that's anything to go by!) So far everything seems fine, albeit his rather stinky breath but that could be from the Royal Canin Veterinary Diets Gastrointestinal High Energy kibble the SPCA veterinarian advised us to feed him for a few weeks due to chronic diarrhea (he wasn't responding to medication, thus he was given Probiotics + Royal Canin).

I don't know much about requirements when it comes to proportions of protein/calorie content for large breeds and would love to get your opinions and experiences with this food, as well as if this is suitable for my growing puppy's needs. If it helps at all, our best guess regarding his mix would be GSD/APBT. Thank you! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts