Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Yeah, my dogs think it's great. I'm sort of surprised that it would only be 3 stars. Maybe all the veggies.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno why it got only 3. But I'll pick some up next time I'm out. It seems pretty grain free. Which is a plus. I want to go raw, but I'm going to see how she handles this first.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Our Wal-Mart just started carrying this... I think it got a mid-grade rating because it seems to have a lot of veggies in there. We bought some as an added meal treat, but it doesn't really seem that cost effective to feed.

That being said, they DID love the little meatballs!

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I found it to be fairly affordable, $10-something for 6 pounds. If I had a small dog I might make it a major part of their diet. I think it's cheaper than a canned food of comparable quality. It would be expensive for a larger dog, though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If I had a small dog I might make it a major part of their diet. I think it's cheaper than a canned food of comparable quality. It would be expensive for a larger dog, though.
This is what I thought exactly. But are you talking about the tube food? Or the little pre-prepaired meatballs?

If I only had my small dog, I wouldn't mind occasionally buying him a bag of this - especially since it is at Wal-Mart... 24 hours is a plus, because why is it I ALWAYS forget about buying dog food until the lady I get it from is surely asleep.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Oh, the tube. I've never bought the meatballs so I don't know how much they cost.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I found it to be fairly affordable, $10-something for 6 pounds. If I had a small dog I might make it a major part of their diet. I think it's cheaper than a canned food of comparable quality. It would be expensive for a larger dog, though.
Whwn you have two mediumish dogs, that price doesn't sound hey cost effective LOL. I feed TOTW dry mixed with a little canned, its more economical for us.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the Homestlye slow roasted meals. it looks like kibble, but is soft like canned food. And Sassy gives it four paws up. It even has real chunks of chicken in the bag! And it smells wonderfull.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Whwn you have two mediumish dogs, that price doesn't sound hey cost effective LOL. I feed TOTW dry mixed with a little canned, its more economical for us.
Well, it's not cheaper than kibble! But it is cheaper than most canned foods. And makes a very nice mix-in, as well.

I got the Homestlye slow roasted meals. it looks like kibble, but is soft like canned food. And Sassy gives it four paws up. It even has real chunks of chicken in the bag! And it smells wonderfull.
Huh, I haven't seen that kind. Sounds yummy!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Iv'e been feeding it to my chihuahuas for over a year now and they look great. They also have TOTW down 24/7 I feed the fresh pet select in the am and again in the pm. Their picky little turds and the only other that they will eat is solid gold green tripe. They get that about once a month.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Where in wal mart do you find this? Is it on the shelf in the pet department? Refrigerated?
I don't know where they have it at Wal-Mart (my Wal-Mart doesn't have it yet), but at my grocery store, it's in a small refrigerator (like the soda coolers near the checkouts) in the pet section. It definitely needs to be refrigerated, so it won't just be on the shelf.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts