Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. About 6 months ago I got a french bulldog and she is about 11 months old now. For the first 5 months she lived at my fiance's house with her and her family. We recently just moved into our own home. That was the plan all along, but the last deal fell through and we finally got a place. Regardless of that, we have finally got her going to the bathroom outside again... When we first moved she would only go in her kennel, had a few accidents in the house as well.

She was crated at night at my in law's home and then crated if they left the house, they didnt leave for that long though. Longest she was ever in the crate was 8 hours. I do not like keeping her in the crate at all though, at night she sleeps in a bed in our room and during the day we crate her or I bring her to work with me, which I cant do every day but I wish I could. Anyways, so the other day we left for less than an hour and I decided to just let her roam the house to see how she would do. When we got back, she peed once on the carpet and pooped several times close by.

Do you think she is mad we left her alone for an hour?

I dont want to have to put her in the crate when we go to work, I would like to let her roam the house. I had a german shepard at my parents house all my life and he NEVER went in a crate or kennel. He had free roam of the whole house. Any advice would be amazing. Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you want her housebroken the faster way, please crate. Otherwise, get ready to have some additional problems down the road, which multiple the more times she has accidents at your home.

She's not mad at you for leaving, though she may not necessarily be trained to be okay home alone. Look up how to do crate training games with her, so she feels perfectly content and happy in the crate, that way you don't have to feel guilty because dogs do crave a den-like space they can call their own :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts