Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they were sorta dropped off...my doorbell rang this morning and a lady was standing there with two labs...she asked if they were mine...I say no, and she drives off without them...an hour later the dogs are still outside my house. Collars, but no tags. I think I've seen the chocolate one on my walks though. I've put a note on the door of the house I think may be theirs (no one was home), and now these pretty girls are hanging out in my fence...hoping for a call tonight claiming them.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess the lady didn't want to mess with them. They look very well cared for so hopefully the owner(s) will come looking for them. Hopefully, that lady wasn't the owner! :mad:
I don't think she's the owner...that would be some nerve, lol...I think she was kinda scared of them. They're sweet though, walked like a dream on leash when I was walking them up to that house.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't think she's the owner...that would be some nerve, lol...I think she was kinda scared of them. They're sweet though, walked like a dream on leash when I was walking them up to that house.
ugh that makes me jealous.. i only wish my lab could do that..haha they do look like nice dogs. for some reason the yellow lab looks like it has a giant body and really tiny legs...

lets hope the owner comes forth and gets their dogs. (i wonder if they are owned by the same person.) its kinda weird that they dont have tags. i never put a collar on my dog unless it has tags on it. for me thats kinda the point of the collar in the first place...hmmm

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just the picture that make the legs look like they're tiny...here's one I took through the window...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They went home a little bit ago. They did belong to the house I thought they did. :)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ugh, well, my dogs were barking a bit ago and i looked out my window...these two are back in my yard again. No idea how, they're just hanging out back there. :confused:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel bad for them. It's pouring rain and I have no shelter back there, plus they're covered in mud and they're huge, so that's alot of mud...and I don't want them in the house. I also don't have my van today and I really don't want to walk them home in the rain, so hopefully the owner will come here looking for them first. I saw one had a tag this time (did not last time), and I called the # on it, but it was disconnected.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are home again, the owner came and got them...I have her # in my phone now. She is very nice, she said they've been escaping alot lately, and they were actually inside her house when she left for work she said...she has no idea how they got out and I still have no idea how they got in my fence ???

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
They are home again, the owner came and got them...I have her # in my phone now. She is very nice, she said they've been escaping alot lately, and they were actually inside her house when she left for work she said...she has no idea how they got out and I still have no idea how they got in my fence ???
That's why they call them escape artists! I can see how they might have gotten out...dogs can be real sneaky...but to get IN your backyard? Now that is a SciFi story waiting to be written...:eek:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Maybe they sprouted wings and flew in. The only way to really know is to watch them doing it, but last time I checked magicians never reveal thier secrets. :p

·
Registered
823 Posts
My cousin's dog once snuck out of their house, down the block to my house, and in to my house. She went upstairs (which is blocked off so my dogs can't get up there) and killed my guinea pigs. It was horrible. We still don't know how she did it.

Anyway, I am glad they got home again and you have her number so you can call her if they get out again. At least they came to your house and were safe instead of running around and potentially getting into trouble.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
My first dog we ever had (got when I was 2), Tramp, was an escape artist. There were several times where we came home to him sitting on our front steps. He had been inside of a crate, inside the house. He also managed to get out of our yard several times, we had 6 foot privacy fencing and made sure nothing was near it for him to climb up on. So, he had to go out on a tie out if we didn't walk out with him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts