Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Well on my way to work this morning I thought I saw a coyote walking on the side of the road. As I got closer to it I realized that it was way too big to be a coyote and it was a dog. No collar and walking on the road. No cars were around so I turned around and pulled over on the side of the road.

She came up to me and was very scared. She licked my hand and wagged her tail. Now the road was starting to get busy and I tried 5 times to get her in my car and finally after we were both almost hit by about 10 ppl I scruffed her and put her in my back car.

She is skinny, stinks, has a collar mark in her fur but no collar and is so scared. She knows sit, lay down and stay.

Im going to a vet behind us to see if anyone has reported her missing and to see if they check for microchips...I am doubtful she will be chipped by no harm in looking!

Jenna

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
good deed.. hope it all works out. Any animal control you can call? Or are you thinking of keeping her?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well at my house we have 5 dogs lol!! I would keep her but we are already at full capacity.

Im going right now to take her to our vet to see if they will be will to keep her. Our vet keeps many stray dogs and has a soft spot for the strays.

Jenna

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My vet could not keep her but checked her over.

The vet believes she is a sheppard mix. She is 59lbs. No fleas or mites that they could find. She has clean ears and teeth.

They think she is a runaway or someone just no longer wanted her and dropped her off on the side of the road.

I have contacted the Barrie Ontario Humane Society and they will be taking her in.

If anyone in the Barrie Ontario area would like her please contact me through a PM before 4pm today.

Jenna

Here she is!

I dont know what I am going to do with her yet. She has already grown on me and I may bring her home for the night and see how she is with my other dogs. Looking at her neck it appears she had a way too tight collar on as on the bottom of her neck there is barely any fur.

Jenna

I decided that it would be best for her to be brought into the humane society. The woman who checked her in was very nice and it was encouraging to find out that someone reported their dog lost later this afternoon that matched her description. Because of the mark around her neck they would be doing a home heck to determine if it was a safe home to be in.

Jenna

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after waiting a few days hoping that my found stray dog would actually be a lost dog and claimed by an owner I am sad to say that she is still at the humane society.

I am heartbroken that she is still there especially because I was told when I dropped her off that a dog matching her exact description was just called in missing from an area close to where I found her. I probably wouldnt have left her there if I wasnt told that info and now it looks like I should have taken her home.

I am going to see her tonight and see what info they have about her...temperment, health, age, etc.

I want to adopt her but I have to talk it over with my family.

Jenna

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Oh, she's beautiful! It will work out for her--if not with you than with another family. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Thanks for helping her out, she's a cutie.
I hope she finds a great home soon, either with your family or someone else... Thanks again for saving her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts