Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter found a Mini Schnauzer roaming the streets of Smyrna Ga. The dog is a male and it looks as if he has been on the loose for awhile. He weighs 9 pounds at the moment. She said he was weak but had to be someones pet, because he knows several commands. He also is potty trained as he lets her know when he needs to go out. She has contacted the humane society and several local vets about the dog. She also took him to the vet had him checked. She gave him a bath and is feeding him 3 meals a day to fatten him up a little. Soooo if anyone lost a little Mini give me a post and describe him. He was wearing a collar with no tags of any kind. David

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well this past weekend I went up to my daughter's house to split some firewood (they removed some huge oak trees)and see the little Mini Schnauzer. He's not fixed. He's a real sweet little dog. Got along good with my 2 Schnauzer girls. I gave him a little trim, but he is missing a lot of his fur> not very thick. I was checking his scrawny little legs and noticed his skin from about the knee down is black> like he may have had frostbite. Anyone ever see this before??? She took him to the vet and the vet didn't mention this. I am thinking of having her take him back to the same vet or another vet for second look. He looks to be about 3 years old. His teeth look good and the first day he was at her house he got in the trash can for some chicken wings, I told her that how he's probably been eating. She said he was at deaths door when she found him and about to be run over. He seems pretty smart, doesn't beg at the table, can sit on command and goes to the bathroom outside. He doesn't bark too much except when someone comes to the door. Anyone see the skin turn black on the legs before??? David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts