Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for caps in title but i am that excited...

A littermate's owner recognized Sasha(as she almost picked her instead of their zoey).. and emailed me and shows me pic's of her as a younger puppy at the breeders and of the parents...

She is a Great Pryneese / Golden Retriever Mix . 85 to 100 pounds....

Me 'n the littermate's owner are gunna do weekly puppy dates with our 2 girls. Good thing is that we live like 12 blocks from each other. lol.

She isn't the only black/white out of the litter.. her littermate, Zoey is the same way but has more white on her.

Sasha is also almost 12 weeks and DOB was Oct 20 2011.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate everybody's help in trying to figure out what breed(s) she is.... I just got lucky when i posted the craigslist ad/post and the lady recognized her as a puppy from the litter her puppy came from(and almost got instead)....

All i gotta say is... Thank God I am moving into a House come May/June. Lol!!!!! I wanted a "big" dog and a black/white dog... but not THIS ... she'll be huge!!!! but me 'n my boyfriend love her and so do our 3(well 2 since the 3rd is an infant) kids... . his 11yr old, my 9yr old and my 10mo old. ((all girls by the way))

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Cool! I was half correct with the Golden at least! Lol! .... good luck with your pup and I bet your other half now feels out numbered! lol! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry for caps in title but i am that excited...

A littermate's owner recognized Sasha(as she almost picked her instead of their zoey).. and emailed me and shows me pic's of her as a younger puppy at the breeders and of the parents...

She is a Great Pryneese / Golden Retriever Mix . 85 to 100 pounds....

Me 'n the littermate's owner are gunna do weekly puppy dates with our 2 girls. Good thing is that we live like 12 blocks from each other. lol.

She isn't the only black/white out of the litter.. her littermate, Zoey is the same way but has more white on her.

Sasha is also almost 12 weeks and DOB was Oct 20 2011.
oooooh... so she's the same breed as my Maggie. It's a nice mix. Congrats!

strange that Sasha would be black and white, but genetics can be a funny thing, I guess.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Marie&tessa --- yah i know... i researched the breed when i saw the first posting by the breeder a month 'n half ago to reserve a puppy.... and they come in white and golden.... but these were black with white, which is supposedly rare. The entire litter was black with white markings... Sasha 'n Zoey are almost identical twins... Zoey has bigger booties and a bigger white tipped tail and a bigger spot on the nose... but otherwise they are identical.. and we at first had a time time seperating the 2 on which was which because of first glance..... They remembered each other too.. After 5 weeks... I posted a thread in the general area of their first re-union/playdate with pictures.... **sighs** ..... But I am doing more research on teh breed... We are hoping the girls take after the father(the golden retriever it turns out, the great pyreneese is the mother) rather then the mother... lol.

abbylynn --- Yah.. half right....... :) Amazing how a picture can reveal so much and not reveal enough for a proper idenity...... of a breed... but then the combo took me and i bet everybody else completely off-guard. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts