Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murphy is a 1 1/2 year old American Bulldog mix. Only info we have on him is that he was with a stay at home mom and when she decided to go to work he would whine all the time and sometimes be a little destructive (jumping on doors, etc) He went to the shelter where another person fostered him but couldn't handle the whining and he went back in. We want to try to adopt him and are fostering him to see. We bought a crate and started training him that it's good to go in, you get a treat when you do. We've done this several times today and he was whining but now that it's bedtime he's fine and asleep. We walked outside for a minute and I heard him jumping on the door and whining. Opened the door a crack and stood outside so he could see me and still whine. If he doesn't get along too well with our dog Lulu (seems good minus food aggressiveness so far) I want to see if I can help him find a good home by not whining and having the separation anxiety much. Any ideas how to help with this? He's already getting the hang of a clicker means reward for good behavior which means food/treats.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts