Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing short term fostering, mostly just vacation coverage for other fosters so far. I think I can talk my brother into an actual short term foster soon.

I didn't get many pictures of Harlee while she was here but she'll be back again in a few weeks so I'll get some more then.

Harlee enjoys the doggie bed

Jubel creates a distraction and steals the doggie bed

Puppies!!! Bambi and Ariel

Jubel and Ariel

bad picture but still cute

Bambi enjoying the sun

Ariel perched

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The girls on watch

Bambi snuggling with my brother

Ariel LOVES to snuggle

boxes make the best toys

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

and I can't leave out a few more Jubel pics

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Aww too cute! Bambi looks like a chihuahua X miniature pinscher.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
They are cute! Ariel has such a sweet face. I agree with Damon'sMom about Bambi's mix. I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are listed as chi/terrier mix and they know who the parents are. Rescued from a hoarding situation.

The Dad Bentley

The Mom Princess

Four puppies total; Alice looks like Ariel but brown instead of brindle markings and Belle looks a lot like Bambi. You can see them by navigating the above links too.

One of my neighbors is looking to get a dog soon but more as a running partner, another neighbor was really trying to push her to go for Ariel. Not too sure how either of them would do as a running partner but the one looking was just happy to meet and play with the girls. I told her about a chow mix the rescue pulled recently and found to be pregnant when they took her in for a spay, she just had 8 puppies last week. The momma dog is said to be very friendly (not stereotypical chow wary of people). I think one of those puppies would possibly make a better running partner for her. They are committed to getting a rescue puppy sometime this spring/early summer probably from the rescue I volunteer with but possibly another that has more puppies, FOHA only recently started to have puppies and still only a small number. Two "opps she's pregnant" pulls in the last few months and the Princess/Bentley pups saved from the hoarder.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yup .... the pups look like their parents for sure! :) I like the fact that the parents must be adopted together.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update! Just heard that Ariel got adopted over the weekend so that's happy news. Harlee with be back with me for a few days starting tomorrow and I'll be watching Bambi and Ariel's sister Belle from the 29th to the 7th. So more pictures to come soon.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Squeeee! Bambi looks just like Sydney minus the roaning gene that causes the white portions of her fur and the split face. She's lovely. :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Squeeee! Bambi looks just like Sydney minus the roaning gene that causes the white portions of her fur and the split face. She's lovely. :)
Haha well if I recall correctly Sydney is about 20# and Bambi is only about 8# but they do have a similar body structure. Belle looks a lot like Bambi so more cute pictures to come. Not sure when Harlee is getting here or if she is at all. Apparently she got into some chocolate pie crusts the other day and possibly something else and wasn't doing too hot yesterday and is at the vets right now. Waiting for an update from her foster who might have to cancel her trip or Harlee staying at the vet.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got some more Harlee pictures from her most recent visit. Unfortunately she wasn't feeling very good this time and just wanted to sleep. I don't think it really shows in these pictures but she has lost some weight, still more to go but progress is progress.

haha and the sad look from the kitchen when I put her in there while Jubel ate his dinner from a tricky ball.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Belle is the sister of Bambi and Ariel, just finished foster sitting her for 10 days. She's a little brat but cute and loveable when she doesn't have resources to guard against other dogs (see scared puppy thread in general for details if interested).

First night, overwhelmed and scared to be left with new people and a new dog. Spent most of the evening in my lap as I played WoW poorly.

Second night it wasn't all so terrifying so the dog bed was good enough.

and deer antlers are awesome

Even let Jubel chew on it if engaged enough in a nylabone

"All ze toys are belonging to mez"

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rare moment of play between them, it was over before I could get a good picture

Snuggle time while I watch TV, Jubel was there first so Belle was less likely to get snappy

Closest I ever saw them just chilling without me.

Little pink nose

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All the toys are "Jubel sized" but she is determined to make it work haha

And this is how Jubel has spent the majority of the weekend since Belle was picked up, snuggled up with me as much as possible. Love my boy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts