Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question and need advice. I have been rescuing for 18 years and I also foster with a local "no kill" shelter. I have a foster dog that was due to die last week, we rescued her.... She might be preg. Our dogs are usually spay/neu 1st thing. This little girl got lost in the shuffle. She's a Maltese/Pek, all white flea infested. etc. I gave her a bath with a vet product named Ecto-Soothe 3X. I have no exper with preg females and now after reading the forum pages, I am so affraid I have caused harm to the female and pups. She already has an URI, (per the vet), is on Clavamox and I give Benedryl. She's moody, swollen (all over) and eats a lot. Please I need suggestions and what can happen since I gave her a flea bath...GEEZE --- Even experienced animal handlers have problems and are always learning. I actually logged onto the sight to look for symptoms of preg dogs...Did not expect to read all that I did. Sooo glad that I did. I am just asking for opinions...Thank you all so much...

We had to wait on the spay until her UTI is gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts