Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a new foster! Picked up from the rescue Friday night. Her official name is Dolly but I can't have Dolly and Nali (Denali's usual call name), and her adopters had named her Bella which is way too common and they never taught her the name anyway. So, for now she is Little Bit / LB / Elle though her official name will stay Dolly with the rescue. Her adopters returned her. She has some intense demand/frustration barking and it's a loud sharp booming bark for such a little dog but by following the simple rule of BARKING DOGS DO NOT EXIST it's almost gone within just 2 days. She is super fun and I adore her already. Very sweet, snuggly, and loves people.

Safety Pen is base camp for any new foster.

I took her lure coursing Saturday morning and she loved it. Would run about 50 ft then stop which was fine, these were fun runs.

She needs to lose a couple pounds.

Explorin'

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
CUUUUTEE!!

Also, I have to ask... What is that magical plastic base in your ex-pen, how well does it work, how much does it cost, and where the heck did you get it?!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CUUUUTEE!!

Also, I have to ask... What is that magical plastic base in your ex-pen, how well does it work, how much does it cost, and where the heck did you get it?!
It actually is magical, I couldn't foster without it. It's called a "rubber shower pan liner" and you can get it at Home Depot. There are usually pre-cut 5'x6' bits, I think they're like $40. They usually have rolls of 5 ft and also 6 ft tall that you can have them cut to size. So like you could have 5' by 10' if you wanted. They are AMAZING. Heavy duty and tough, but flexible. Will not wrinkle. I make sure edges are outside the pen if I'm worried about the dog chewing/digging. It is 100% waterproof so no body fluids or spilled water will get through it. They do smell strongly of rubber at first, I throw it out on the deck and splash straight white vinegar on it and wipe it down on both sides then let it sit in the sun for an afternoon and it's good to go. The smell doesn't last long at all. I've cleaned it with vinegar, bleach, Nature's Miracle, and the black print on it comes off but the liner itself holds up forever. I also have one under the litter box. I can't recommend them enough. They're also great for protecting hard floors from scratches, if you have a crate on hard flooring.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-ft-x-6-ft-PVC-Shower-Pan-Liner-Kit-41620/100344211

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
This is really the best thing I've learned all year (or it ties with my discovery of carpet tiles). Thanks a million!

Also, kudos for all the work you do, as always! LB is going to be spoiled under your care and I hope she finds a forever home soon!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My husband took her out to potty this morning. When she came in she scampered straight upstairs to see me. I pulled her up onto the bed and apparently she's a perfect little spoon.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sugar, spice, and everything nice. Easily one of my favorite fosters we've had.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I cannot believe you still have her. Where I am, a dog like her would be snatched up in a day. Quite literally.
She is such a doll!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rescue does no events or marketing this time of year as they don't want to encourage impulse buying for Christmas. Come January when events start back up again I'm sure she'll get tons of applications. I really really want her to go to someone I know if possible though so I can facebook stalk and see her occasionally.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adopted today!!!! She is with a couple in their 70s who have been about a year without a dog and need that light in their lives again.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Aww! Congrats, Little Bit! Happy tails!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Omg that face. Thank goodness she was adopted since I can't handle this thread anymore.

Thanks for fostering, as always!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone who met her loved her. She is an incredible little dog. Her new family adores her already. Before I left, Bit was following them around, napping on their laps, and making herself at home. I was all smiles when I left. Any sadness at having to let her go is far outweighed by the joy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts