Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet our longterm foster! He is a year old boxer named Diesel. His owner is in the military and as a single mother never expected to have to deploy, but she was just called to do so. We have not fostered a dog before and this is a very, very long time to foster (over a year) until the owner returns. He was with a temporary foster for a couple weeks and they love him but due to their own situation don't feel that a foster dog is best right now. We will keep him at least 2 months, and if things aren't going well the temporary foster family has gladly agreed to take him back with open arms. They also live very close to us so we plan on having play dates at the park and keeping in close contact. Ideally we'll just keep him for the duration of the owner's deployment. There is an organization that specifically finds fosters for military service members, NetPets.Org's MilitaryPetsFOSTER Project

A couple weeks before the owner left, he escaped the yard. He lived in the wilderness having adventures for almost 2 weeks. He was found with a face full of cactus and injuries from who knows what- coyotes, other animals, barbed wire fence? He was also emaciated. He's well on the way to recovery.

He's fitting in great so far and is loving playing with the girls all day, and is also great with the cats. Needs some manners like not pulling on leash, climbing on people, and getting into trash, but overall he's a great dog.

and my favorite

·
Registered
88 Posts
awwz he looks cute and good. just wait until he gets some meat back on his bones. if you keep him the year he is going to fill out more

·
Registered
471 Posts
I love how you are helping them out by fostering him. He is going to have a great home until his mom is back. I hope you film the reunion a year from now. Dogs are so adorable when they get a chance to be reunited with their family.

·
Registered
61 Posts
He is gorgeous! Boxers are great. They have an obsession with making you laugh and they love everyone. They can be trouble makers, though.

Thank you for taking him under your wing until his momma comes back home. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
This is wonderful. I wish you much luck in the coming year of fostering.:) He is a looker too! Reminds me a bit of " Pierce "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts