Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I actually had the database thing once this morning trying to get on tech support, then it cleared up. I had it a bunch last couple days. The problem I always have is I automatically think it's on my end. With PC stuff I always consider myself the weakest link.

One last thing

This is the place where the members of dog forums chat about thier dogs or dogs in general.
Would somebody go in there and change the spelling of "thier to their" It just irks me.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
It was only "off" for a very short time yesterday early morning for me..........due to some minor programing problem. Doesn't seem to be a problem today so far.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I actually had the database thing once this morning trying to get on tech support, then it cleared up. I had it a bunch last couple days. The problem I always have is I automatically think it's on my end. With PC stuff I always consider myself the weakest link.

One last thing

Would somebody go in there and change the spelling of "thier to their" It just irks me.

I love my computer....it tells me when I spell something wrong! It underlines it. I have caught myself spelling that same exact word incorrectly a couple of times and I was a champion speller in school many many moons ago! Lol!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Unfortunately the Admin is hte only one who can edit the forum desciptions or it would have been corrected long ago.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I know that apparently other people have been complaining about auto merge double post, but I hate that its gone. Either there are five posts in a row from the same person, or I miss edits since I don't get an email telling me that someone make a new post.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Lol, I wonder who was doing the considerable whining, now that there's also considerable whining about the new way! Personally, I would have changed it to about an hour, not 2 minutes. Maybe even 10 minutes. . .long enough that quick adjustments would be double-merged. But oh well. I don't really care one way or the other. Unless admin starts whining about the extra bandwidth being used and asking us not to double-post. Then I'd mind :p.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I don't think it's coming back. There was considerable whining about the automerge function, so the new admins adjusted it.
How about a toggle in your profile?

If it's checked, the forum automerges, if it isn't, the forum won't.

That way everyone can be happy.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
How about a toggle in your profile?

If it's checked, the forum automerges, if it isn't, the forum won't.

That way everyone can be happy.
I think you're asking us to redesign the vBulleton software.

Even if that could be done, I can guarantee that not everyone will be happy.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Did not want to start a thread for just a dumb question, the threads with the 5 gold/yellow stars/asterisks, what do the asterisks represent. Some threads have them others not.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's threads KBLover has replied to.

When you're in a thread, on the top right of the first post there's a bar of options. One of the drop down options is "Rate This Thread." And you can, well, rate that thread, with a number of stars (5 being the best, 1 being the worst). Most people don't bother with this, which is why most threads don't have them. For some reason, whenever KBLover posts in a thread, it automatically gets rated 5 stars.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
It's threads KBLover has replied to.

When you're in a thread, on the top right of the first post there's a bar of options. One of the drop down options is "Rate This Thread." And you can, well, rate that thread, with a number of stars (5 being the best, 1 being the worst). Most people don't bother with this, which is why most threads don't have them. For some reason, whenever KBLover posts in a thread, it automatically gets rated 5 stars.
Well now I understand it's "The Wally" that's in charge of the 5 star stuff.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts