Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forum is not remembering that I have collapsed some forum sections (Announcements, Feedback, Help and Contests; the Vendor forum, and Off Topic) and I don't think it's automerging double posts either.

Has anything changed behind the scenes? Is the forum "off" for anyone else? The trouble started for me yesterday.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts

DANG IT SHAI, WHAT'D YOU DO THIS TIME?!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Forum's doing some funky stuff for me too- like it let me post to a thread that was visible on the right-hand side (where the newest thread in each section is), but then that thread doesn't even exist when I click through to the forum (and it hasn't been deleted by a mod, someone else posted to it after I saw it was invisible).
A few other threads are coming up "not found"

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Pardon my possibly silly questions , but what does this mean?
If you post on a thread and post again to the same thread within 2 minutes (and nobody else posts to that same thread in those two minutes) your two posts will automatically be merged into one.

And it will look like this.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If you post on a thread and post again to the same thread within 2 minutes (and nobody else posts to that same thread in those two minutes) your two posts will automatically be merged into one.

And it will look like this.
Oh, thanks :D

Just curious, why was it changed? I don't mind, I can edit my posts like anyone else, but what caused the change?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hmm, that's curious, I actually kind of liked the double post merge. *enter shrug smiley here* I guess if that's what they people want...

Speaking of smileys, I am upset :( we have this smiley :flypig: which I can never see using, but we don't have the shrug smiley.

:llama::mullet::plane::kev::israel::juggle::whip:

^not spamming :D I am just showing other smileys that we could potentially replace with the shrug smiley. When would I ever use theses? And the dead horse one is just brutal, I see blood!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I guess I can only have ten in a post, so here is some more we could potentially replace with the shrug smiley, and this set includes the dead horse.

:violin::boom::boxing::banplease::ban::bathbaby: :brushteeth::brick::fencing::deadhorse:

There are others, but I don't want to spam up anything. *I would enter a smiley, but I am at my maximum.*

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
What I think is curious is that anyone actually worries about smilies.

You're not alone there. There was a lot of discussion about smilies - which is how we ended up with the ones we have.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
speaking of forum weird stuff, was anyone else kept off of anything but the front page earlier today with this error?

Database Error Database error
The Puppy & Dog Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.dogforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.dogforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts