Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah, we're naughty xD!!

By the way Inga, I accidentally called Carsten's breeder (Meant to get the GSD woman), and she wants these pictures :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Yeah, we're naughty xD!!

By the way Inga, I accidentally called Carsten's breeder (Meant to get the GSD woman), and she wants these pictures :D

See comments like that make me think it is fate that you get a Rottie. :) No accidental about it.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
OMG it was seriously so embarassing x.x

She answered and said "Hello?" (duh) and my first thought was "That doesn't sound like an Indiana accent...."

"Is this Revonne?"
"No...it's...."

Sooooo embarassed...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I thought that was carsten, then I started reading responses and thought I must be wrong so I kept my "mouth" shut, lol.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
How did you get all those cool eggs?!!?!??! (Totally irrelevant)

Oh, they're poke-eggs...those don't count (kidding) xD

·
Registered
482 Posts
Are you thinking about getting a Rottie truly? Wow! Who thought a Shepherd person could be swayed to the dark side. ;) :)
What a coincidence!!

I guess I could be called a "Shepherd person" because for all intents and purposes Luna's a GSD (she looks like one and acts like one... she just happens to be a mix). I'm also very seriously considering a Rottie for my next dog! Luna's best buddy is a Rottie... such an amazing puppy!! I love the Rottie looks and temperament. :D I've even applied to a Rottie rescue in Wisconsin and received a positive response...

At any rate, the Rottie in the OP is gorgeous and I say GET HIM!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
What a coincidence!!

I guess I could be called a "Shepherd person" because for all intents and purposes Luna's a GSD (she looks like one and acts like one... she just happens to be a mix). I'm also very seriously considering a Rottie for my next dog! Luna's best buddy is a Rottie... such an amazing puppy!! I love the Rottie looks and temperament. :D I've even applied to a Rottie rescue in Wisconsin and received a positive response...

At any rate, the Rottie in the OP is gorgeous and I say GET HIM!
LOL nikelodeon... The Rottie in the OP is mine. It was sort of a joke. Carsten is his name and trouble is his game. ;) Xeph and I go to the same kennel club and I had her help me so I could get some pictures of him.
I am so excited for you that you are looking for a Rottie at the Wisconsin Rottweiler rescue. Anyone in particular that you are applying for? Have you ever owned a Rottweiler before? I have had many rescues and been so very happy with all of them. I hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
482 Posts
LOL nikelodeon... The Rottie in the OP is mine. It was sort of a joke. Carsten is his name and trouble is his game. ;) Xeph and I go to the same kennel club and I had her help me so I could get some pictures of him.
Too funny!! Can I have him? LOL!!!

I am so excited for you that you are looking for a Rottie at the Wisconsin Rottweiler rescue. Anyone in particular that you are applying for? Have you ever owned a Rottweiler before? I have had many rescues and been so very happy with all of them. I hope it goes well for you.
We are going to go down to meet the dogs before making any decision, but on Petfinder we like:

Gizmo: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12236355
Hercules: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13461455
Russell: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12922736
Spencer: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12922606

I like Gizmo the best, looks wise. We'll have to see when we meet them! Russell & Spencer are "unknown on cats" which is an issue because we have two of them.

Of course, it all depends on when we're able to put our fence up (we're fencing in our 5 acres) as that's a requirement, I do believe. :) If these guys are adopted before we're ready, I'm sure there eventually be another that is suitable for us.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Are you definitely in the market for a boy? Where in WI are you? I know that Russell and Gizmo have been there for awhile already. I have looked at them a few times on Petfinder myself. Russell sort of calls to me but I need another Rottie like I need a hole in the head. If I were in a different financial situation, He would already be living with me. ;) I can't wait to hear how things go. Keep me posted :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Are you definitely in the market for a boy? Where in WI are you? I know that Russell and Gizmo have been there for awhile already. I have looked at them a few times on Petfinder myself. Russell sort of calls to me but I need another Rottie like I need a hole in the head. If I were in a different financial situation, He would already be living with me. ;) I can't wait to hear how things go. Keep me posted :)
Well... I thought I needed to get a boy... because I already have a female at home. She supposedly has Akita in her, and Akitas are known to be same-sex aggressive. She certainly doesn't look Akita, though, and only shows aggression when she feels she needs to protect us (we're working on it). :rolleyes: She's definitely more GSD than anything else, so I'm not sure if we need to be concerned about the sex of our next dog. (The hubby and I were just talking on our walk with Luna that we'd actually like three dogs: Luna, a Rottie, and an Aussie, so we'll probably end up with two females at some point, anyway).

Do you know what sort of adoption fee they require? We're trying to sort our our finances, too. ;)

Oh, and I'm way up near Superior, WI, so it's a bit of a hike for us to go down to Madison. ;-)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
No sorry, I have no idea what they charge. I just wondered because my neighbor just yesterday, was telling me about a Rottie female that was only 10 months old, had a great personality and she was hoping to have me take her or know someone looking. I told her a few names that I knew of but... who knows how it will go with them. I am always keeping people in mind when they do show any interest. :) I agree that male and female is more often the right way to go. Rotties too will often show male/male aggression. Though I currently have 2 boys, I am always managing them. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
So... why would someone want to rehome a 2 year old AKC registered gorgeous rottie male that's "up to date on shots, microchipped, house trained & OFA hip prelim. as Excellent" as well as being "good with children & other animals"?????

Sounds too good to be true, really...

Anyway, I'm open to males or females... I just would have to have any dog meet Luna before taking him/her home. ;)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
so many reasons why people get rid of dogs. The economy is one of those reasons. I pray that I never have to get rid of my dogs but I have always had in my mind that if I did. It would be much easier to find a good home if they are socialized to everything and everyone. It opens up the possibilities of more homes.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Re-homing fee negotiable? I am not sure. I can't imagine putting my dog on craigslist if I actually gave a crap about it, but that is me. He looks cute from the side, can't see his face. I guess, I would talk to their vet and ask how the dog was to handle there? Like you said, no matter what dog you decide to get, it must get along with your dog. The nice thing about going through rescue is the foster usually tells you everything they can about the dog. Maybe if you call that one they will do the same. Just be careful that it isn't someone just trying to make a buck. Also there are a lot more tests then just hips but if it is a rescue you wouldn't expect those to be done.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'd rather go through a rescue... but I'm a bit gun shy after Luna. She had so many health issues when we first got her... but then again she was at a local shelter rather than an actual rescue. They spayed her way too young and gave her vaccinations way WAY too young.

The thing I liked about the Rottie on Craigslist was that his hips were tested. ;) What I didn't like is that they're "rehoming" him as a potential stud.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
EXACTLY! :mad: Not a good thing.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts