Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
When a Rottweiler's tail is docked it is supposed to be at the first joint making it very short. The tail is only supposed to be long enough to extend the topline, visually.
Huh. I guess I've never even seen a well-bred Rott then :( . All the Rotts I've known have at least a 4 inch tail. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the Rott in the Westminster show.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
2009 BOB at Westminster

2009 AOM at Westminster

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Is it just me, or do rotts seem to eternally look like puppies? Every single rott I've seen looks like they're 1-2 years old, then I find out that they're like 5+!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Rotties seem to be one of thoughs breeds that age very gracefully, just like my aussies no ever guesses Jack is 14 just by looking at him they usually guess around 7 years and I'm like "umm double that"

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
You know, I watched the Rotties in breed at Westminster. There were still a few dog on the high end of the scale for size. It was nice to see the judge pull a dog that looks so fit instead of a "big" and out of shape Rottie. :)

Here is another picture of Ozz. He is a handsome boy. Xeph, note what he is doing with his tongue. Look familiar? LOL

Also notice the goober on the handlers suit coat. LOL Might be a fancy show, but dogs are still dogs. :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
My guy used to do that a lot. Made him look like a total weenie.

LOL That is why I pointed it out to Xeph. She knows my boy loves to hang out with his tongue pointing out. He IS a total Weenie too. :D
Gotta love him.

Here are a few of Carsten for comparision.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Here are a couple more movement shots. I think for a tank of a dog, he moves quite well.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Hold on a sec.. one of the movement pictures you just posted of Carsten is the same as one that Xeph posted.. :confused:

Is Carsten the dog in the original post?! I'm so confused you guys. LOL

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
LOL Sorry MissMutt. Carsten is the dog in all the pictures (other then the 2009 BOB Rottie) Sorry, We played a little trick on you all. I was telling Xeph that when different people are on the leash people see the dog differently. Same dog with different handlers are viewed differently. Xeph and I go to the same kennel club and I can't pose Carsten and work the camera so I asked for a bit of help and she happily said "yes." Carsten was more then happy to slobber all over her. :)

Yes FilleBelle when Carsten drinks water we do have a bit of a slow leak at the water bowl. Otherwise his is a pretty dry mouth dog. I am not a fan of goober faces either. He is definitely as juicy as I will go.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Whoa, that was awfully sneaky you two! ;)

Inga, do you show Carsten in conformation? I don't know the first thing about show dogs, but he's a really good looking dog! Where/who did he come from?

The difference in the same breed of dog is remarkable. I'll have to try & post some pictures of Clyde; he's so tall and lanky compared to Carsten! :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I have not shown Carsten yet. Might in the future, we shall see. Right now it is not in the budget... lucky dog food is.

He is out of a breeder in North Carolina. His mother and father are both Champions and his father is the 2006 Best of Group winner at Westminster. He is the Rottweiler that has won more BIS and BISS in history to date. What does that mean for Carsten? Nothing, he is still a little lumber wagon, but I just love that little stinker. :)

and Monica... I have been waiting for pictures of Clyde for sometime. ;) hint hint

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
hehe, at least I wasn't wrong when I said his face looked like Carsten's face.. so you ALMOST didn't fool me. :p

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
hehe, at least I wasn't wrong when I said his face looked like Carsten's face.. so you ALMOST didn't fool me. :p
LOL That is the comment that kept me from telling for a bit. LOL I was sort of curious what others would see with a different person on the end of the leash. I tend to talk mostly about his Therapy dog endeavors then show ring chat, so I think people don't see him the same. I think the same principal would apply if I had someone who was "tough looking" holding him in pictures and posted them. People might automatically see him as a different sort of dog all together. At least it seems to me, they might. :)

Anyway, what do you think of him? Should Xeph get one?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Well his hind end looks a LOT better in the pictures of him you just posted tonight. I think it's because his leg wasn't square in that first pic, made him look scrawny in the back. I think he is gorgeous. :)

The way I see it, I think you guys should do a fair swap... I love Xeph with her Sheps and I love you with your Rotts.. if she gets a Rottie, you can't be let off the hook... you should get a GSD. :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have not shown Carsten yet. Might in the future, we shall see. Right now it is not in the budget... lucky dog food is.

He is out of a breeder in North Carolina. His mother and father are both Champions and his father is the 2006 Best of Group winner at Westminster. He is the Rottweiler that has won more BIS and BISS in history to date. What does that mean for Carsten? Nothing, he is still a little lumber wagon, but I just love that little stinker. :)

and Monica... I have been waiting for pictures of Clyde for sometime. ;) hint hint
Hmm... so the other rottie in the post is Carsten's dad? I might be a smidge confused. I think I have figured out that his dad is Shaka Zulu, right? But is the dog posted Shaka Zulu?

I am working on getting some pics uploaded, Inga. I'll put them in the picture gallery. You'll know when they're up. :p;)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Yes Carstens dad is Ch. Carter's Nobel Shaka Zulu and No, that is not him. That is Ozz he is the 2009 BOB winner. Shaka won 2006 Best of Group at Westminster. They are both amazing dogs.

I can't wait to see Clyde. I only saw one picture of him and he is so handsome.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You two are stinkers! :p Carsten is gorgeous!!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts