·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS little shit...

Awkward puppy is awkward

And the derpiest of dorks

... tell me when and how it grew into this

Trent at 3 years and 5 months old. Some of you may even remember me from when I first started looking into the breed and breeders/litters. And when Trent was just a blind little hamster sausage thing.

Trent says: "WHEEEEEE! Adulthood, here I come!"

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone :) I think he's becoming quite the looker, too!

I always thought when you describe Trent as a puppy you would just say "He was smaller". :p
LOL! Oh goodness, no. Trent as a puppy... once we got through the honeymoon stage, we realized he was a devilish little hellion, and a complete landshark at that. He was independent, determined, and followed his own agenda. He was very serious, moreso than he is as an adult, actually. Not the least bit affectionate. Quite snarky, too. Just a spitfire of a puppy - incredibly intelligent, absolutely fearless, and confidant in everything he did.

I should mention at this point that he is my first puppy and dog :p That might have had something to do with it.

As an adult he's equally confidant, intelligent, self sufficient, and driven, but with higher thresholds and self control. Much less impulsive and more of a thinking dog. Reliable and excellent off switch, he's the dog I can and do take everywhere with me.

Some days I still wonder how he turned out as well as he did ;)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That has to be one of THE best looking GSDs I have seen. I wish I could find a breeder who breeds them that dark. Seriously in love with that dog.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That has to be one of THE best looking GSDs I have seen. I wish I could find a breeder who breeds them that dark. Seriously in love with that dog.
Wow, thank you very much, that is high praise :D

I favor the darker coated German Shepherds as well. I find that the majority of black and tan patterned GSDs within the working lines tend to have a darker/larger blanket and an overall darker coat.

I remember!

Trent is absolutely stunning. You've done a wonderful job with him. :D
Isn't it crazy how quickly time has passed? I still remember Hallie as a puppy with her face in a shoe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts