Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hoping to create a space where people can pay tribute to someone they feel they have lost in one way or another.

I have recently split up with my partner, and subsequently my dog. He was my first dog, I got him 3 years ago in March after I moved away from home. I spent the first year enjoying those puppy moments and taking pride in how well he took to training. From house training to learning to wave, through the good times and the bad.
I will miss him dearly and look forward to seeing him as much as I can bear in the future, as he is my darling and will always hold a very special place in my heart.

I just wanted to put this out there as a kind of tribute to my Fat-Head, my Ollie-Dog.

I miss my partner but he could be difficult and not always there for me. Ollie...never, ever, let me down. I can't help but think of the Polish Proverb;

"The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's."

For all those still with your dogs, I've lost my true love, my home, my life as I knew it, but the worst thing of all, my dog. Cherish them and enjoy every moment with them.

To Ollie x

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through a difficult time. When we lose a dog from either old age, freak accident, or through our instances in life it is NEVER easy. They literally become apart of our everyday routine and life. so when they are not in it anymore, it really is hard to function and go through the day. I recently lost my family shih tzu dog we have had for 12 years. he was the the love and heart of our family and we were devastated when he passed on. I have a new pup now but i still even accidentally call him my old dogs name. I think you are starting your recovery process in a very positive way by having a tribute to him and remembering the good times you had with him. What is important is that he was such a great dog that it made you really appreciate him and dogs in general. Hopefully some time soon you will be able to take in a new puppy or dog and give them the home you gave Ollie. You sound like a very compassionate person and a great dog owner. Just remember the positive times, and know he loved you very much and someday soon a new dog can experience from you what he did! Good Luck and it just takes time, day by day!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Kelliejh, I do have another dog, my little lou who I got about 8 months ago. She is getting me through this. We miss Ollie together, I know because I can see it in her eyes when she looks up at me. We'll get through this. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, good luck with the new pup.
A x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts