Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
About the Sieger lines? As in, the lines of the most recent USA Sieger/Siegerin or German show lines in general, etc...?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
You mean West German show lines? There are two kinds of Seigers.....working siegers and show siegers.

What do you want to know?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
working siegers and show siegers.
:eek:
This is why I love coming to DF... learn something new everyday.

I want to learn more about this. Is the working Sieger title a show title for the working line? I know that working lines are also judged by conformation judges and receive show titles (Trent's great grandsire was V Duarto vom Liegnitzer Hof SchH3 FH. That, and reading about the breed survey was the only reason why I knew), but I had no idea there were actually working Siegers.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well about all i know about German shepherds is i love them. I really know nothing of the lines. I just got a Sieger line shepherd out of both working and show. I guess what i want to know is this a good line? Here is a pic of my new pup and the grandparents of him.Grandparents on the fathers side are Karats Yoker and Hanna Vom Stefanopeler tal

Attachments

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Actually, you didn't get a combination of working and show. That's a breeding of entirely show lines. In Europe, show lines MUSt have working titles to continue competing in conformation events...beyond that though, they don't work like the workinglines do.

Who are his parents?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts