Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of the Beast. Some of them are kind of far away.

Pet Fest 3/29/09... Not being an ideal therapy dog.

Doggie Day 2/28/09
He's the tall, skinny one on the left. Sorry my big fanny is in the way. O_O

Very small picture of us at Magnolia Plantation January 2009 for The Trot for the Cure.

More coming...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Was Clyde a rescue? I couldn't remember if he was but I am assuming since you are at all those functions he is. He has a very very precious face. I love that second picture. How could anyone not fall head over heals in love with his sweet face? He is very tall and narrow like my Oliver. I thought part of that was because Oliver was neutered so early but I also think most of it is due to genes. I think they are lovely anyway they are. Also, just to be clear.... YOU DO NOT HAVE A BIG BUTT! :)
You guys look wonderful together. No scary stereotypes there. lol

oops: I beat you too it... I will be looking in for more pics :d :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another tiny picture from the Trot for the Cure

Santa Clyde (XMas 2008)

The day we became a registered therapy dog team (June 2008)

Right after he got his CGC (February 2008)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was Clyde a rescue? I couldn't remember if he was but I am assuming since you are at all those functions he is. He has a very very precious face. I love that second picture. How could anyone not fall head over heals in love with his sweet face? He is very tall and narrow like my Oliver. I thought part of that was because Oliver was neutered so early but I also think most of it is due to genes. I think they are lovely anyway they are. Also, just to be clear.... YOU DO NOT HAVE A BIG BUTT! :)
You guys look wonderful together. No scary stereotypes there. lol

oops: I beat you too it... I will be looking in for more pics :)
He was a rescue of sorts; I did not get him through SSRR. He was brought to the veterinary hospital where I work with parvo. His other people were going to euthanize him, and I asked if they'd sign him over to me. I did not anticipate that he would live. But he did. Within 2 days he was fussing and wailing and barking and eating his IV catheters.

I take him with me to the SSRR events because he's a rottie that is well behaved. He is an unofficial SSRR dog. :p

Clyde was neutered at about 7 months old I think. I dunno if waiting would have changed the way he filled out, but I had no interest in keeping him intact. He was a pain in my ARSE as a puppy, and I couldn't wait to neuter him. I lopped off his boys, got him in training and still have the worst dog ever. :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
MonicaBH He is perfect. You can totally see the kindness in his eyes. He is a wonderful ambassador for his breed. I love love love the Santa costume. He looks pretty sweaty for a guy delivering presents in the middle of winter though. LOL
Clyde has some of my favorite features.
1. He is a Rottweiler (the most important)
2. He is so stinking cute you want to hug him just looking at him.
3. He has the cheeky Rottweiler smile
4. He is a registered therapy dog proving the solid temperament of members of his breed.
5. He is a great canine ambassador showing he has a great sense of humor and tolerant personality. :) What more could anyone ask for?

Thanks so much for posting Monica :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Britishbandit & you too Inga!

Clyde really is a great dog, especially since he's likely a BYB pup that was taken away from his dam too early and left on a chain in the yard for the next 6 wks of his life.

He drives me crazy sometimes, but it's hard to be mad at him. He makes these faces at me, and I just can't be angry. I WANT to be mad at him... but he does his eyebrows and... ugh. I'm a horrible owner. :eek::D

He sure has a long way to go, but he's come a long way too. I really want to get his AKC ILP# and do some obedience with him, but we have a LONG way to go for that.

Mostly he's just a good buddy to have around, and that's really all that matters. <3

·
Registered
926 Posts
He is gorgeous - big, happy goofball. Always smiling. The second picture..ahh give that boy a kiss! He reminds my of our first Rott Sluggo - he was tall.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will definitely give him some kisses for you guys. He will not mind the extra love. :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
yup naughty and Rottie rhyme for a reason. ;) lol They certainly can charm you when they chose to though. I love them all. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup naughty and Rottie rhyme for a reason. ;) lol They certainly can charm you when they chose to though. I love them all. :)
Sometimes I think that I want another rottweiler. Then I remember how bad Clyde is and have a change of heart. ;)

We're starting another 8 wk obedience class in May; this one is with a local training club. I just discovered that a pet therapy group member is also the president of the club, which is super cool.

I really think that I want to work on a CD with my Clydie McFriday (say it like cyde-ee mick-fry-dee so it rhymes :p) but I have to do some research. Since he's a rescue of sorts, he is not registered... I have to check in to the ILP if I decide to pursue advanced obedience.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Sometimes I think that I want another rottweiler. Then I remember how bad Clyde is and have a change of heart. ;)

We're starting another 8 wk obedience class in May; this one is with a local training club. I just discovered that a pet therapy group member is also the president of the club, which is super cool.

I really think that I want to work on a CD with my Clydie McFriday (say it like cyde-ee mick-fry-dee so it rhymes :p) but I have to do some research. Since he's a rescue of sorts, he is not registered... I have to check in to the ILP if I decide to pursue advanced obedience.

I think you should do it MonicaBH the more Rotties out there doing obedience work and therapy work, the better for our breeds reputation. Showing people what this breed is really all about. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took Clyde w/me to a "career day" today. It was great PR for the breed, although I had two or three kids ask me if Clyde was mean or if I knew that rottweilers were mean. I assured them that I would not have him in public, let alone at a middle school, were he in the least bit vicious. :rolleyes: Those questions were in between the one little girl who couldn't leave us alone and thought it was the coolest thing ever that her relative had several litter of rotties that were just bred... :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts