Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should have a place for our delicious recipes for our pups! Any one got one to share? Also, I found a recipe for some treats and was wondering if i could use all purpose flour instead of the wheat flour? Is bleached flour ok?

Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container

·
Registered
976 Posts
You could use unbleached flour, but whole wheat is healthier. You can also opt for rice flour, which is healthier still. I use all natural/organic ingredients when making treats, including the flour.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Any good home made dog food recipes? I saw one online, a very easy chicken and rice recipe. chicken breast, rice, corn oil (i would replace it with salmon oil) and a vitamin supplement, very easy and probably good for those dogs with allergies.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I use the chicken jerky recipe that was posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I make chicken, sweet potato and apple jerky.
I preheat the oven to 180* and lightly oil a cookie sheet with olive oil. Then slice the chicken, or apple, or sweet potato thin. Place pieces on the cookie sheet and bake for one hour. Flip treats over and bake for another hour. Depending on your oven and how chewy or crispy you want your jerky, either remove and let cool or flip again and cook another hour or so.
Bailey loves these, the dachshund likes the chicken the best. Bailey loves her fruits and veggies so if your dog isn't a fan you may stick with the chicken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i am a student and for extra cash i have started making my own dog biscuits and food and selling them on eBay etc. its proving to be that good im going to start up my own website, all the products are 100% natural, is this something you would consider purchasing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts