Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor, poor Dandi.
Last night she got into the garbage and managed to eat some ham I had laying in my room for a week. Mum didn't notice till she found the empty bag in her crate (I had used it for treats on a walk and forgot about it).
This morning Dandi threw up. It was just bile and she hadn't been fed yet so I figured her tummy was empty. I fed her, she ate a few pieces then threw that up. She ate a bit more, was fine for a few minutes, then threw up again.
She's a bit dopey and sucking up the attention, but otherwise she's still playing and doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Could the old ham do any serious damage to her, or should we just take her food away and give her tummy a rest and see what happens?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Call a vet and ask them. Old pork doesn't sound too healthy. Stop feeding her and call the vet. That's my advice.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Besides calling the vet take your garbage and put it where the dog can't get into it such as under the sink behind the cabinet door.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's usually good about staying out of the garbage, but I guess the smell of the ham was just too much for her.
By the time I got back from writing my exam she was feeling better, though. Mum fed her a bit of kibble and she kept it down. When I mentioned a walk she was right back to her old self again, crazy energy and all :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts