Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

I would like to hear some feedback on these dog foods, your experiences with them, any knowledge you may have on these specific kinds, or any other recommendations that you may have. My adult Shih Tzu is currently being fed Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream. I've wanted to switch to any of the other following brands, but also he developed a dry, itchy area on his back, which I've been wondering could it be related to the food, or no? Anyhow, I've been considering Wellness Core (again), Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul (is this grain-free?), Blue Buffalo Wilderness, and Orijen. I've combed through the dog food advisor website, but I am just looking for more information. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Chicken Soup is a great food (I was feeding it for a while) and I think it lacks corn and the other really bad grains, however, it's not completely grain-free. In my experience dogs with flaky and itchy skin tend to do well on a fish based food. If he's been on TOTW for a while and this has just started it MAY not be food based. He could have developed an allergy to something and you may want to get him vet checked. That being said, all of the foods that you've mentioned are great foods. All the dogs that I have met on those foods have all looked great (shiny, soft coats, etc). One thing to keep in mind is that for some dogs Orijen is a little too "rich."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts