Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost time to buy food for my 2.5 month old American Eskimo pup and was wondering what is a good brand for them?

I'm using Purina Pro Plan Toy Breed Formula and my vet recommends a higher quality brand, I forgot which one she mentioned but I'll ask her again when I get the chance.

And bones, my parents started to give her cooked bones (They look similar to knuckle bones) that were rinsed in hot water. They are pretty soft compared to regular bones.

Is this okay for my puppy?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I agree with your vet about finding a higher quality brand of food. It really depends on your budget and what is available locally. A good place to look at the quality of dog foods is www.dogfoodadvisor.com or www.dogfoodanalysis.com

Cooked bones are dangerous for dogs. They can splinter and cause internal damage or choking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm not the norm, but I'm not opposed to Pro Plan (as long as it's not the shredded)--especially if it works for the dog. If not, that is a whole 'nother story.

Agree on the cooked bones. I would give kongs (stuffed with kibble/or canned food or yogurt/ peanut butter etc)--or an antler to chew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts