Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ten-month-old french bulldog who has up until now been eating, apparently, garbage food (science diet). She has been experiencing itchiness and hair loss around her eyes so I've taken her to the vet who have tested her for mites on separate occasions (negative every time) and charged me a great deal of money. I had no clue that the food was so important, mostly because the vet keeps telling me she's too young to have allergies and what I should really do is have her allergy tested. It's been incredibly frustrating. That being said I need to find her a puppy food that will hopefully help. People have suggested I use a protein like duck, venison, bison or rabbit and that I go with grain free. To make things more complicated I'm told that diets too rich in protein are not good for French Bulldogs (she's only around 15 lbs.). Just wondering what people would suggest. Lu lu thanks you.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I would look at Natural Balance. They have an all-life stages food that isn't too high in protein and are based on protein sources like duck and venison. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
My Frenchie that I had and the other dogs ate Eagle Pack Holistic Blend and I never had a problem with any skin problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts