Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently switched my puppy's food, because she was having slightly loose stools when eating her previous food, Kirkland Signature Puppy Food. Today though, I noticed it seems like she's been itching on her belly and hind legs alot. There are red marks where she's been nibbling on it to stop the itch. Could this be related to the food switch?

The main ingredients in the foods are very similar, but there are 3 things that I noticed are in the new food and not the old. These are Soybean Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Dried Kelp. The old food had some ingredients which this one doesn't but she didn't have this itching problem, and now her stools are firmer. Any help is appreciated :)

Edit: I figured I would mention that both foods are chicken-based protein and the new one is higher in fiber (which could explain the firmer stools) So, maybe it's the chicken? She has always been really gassy too.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Could be or it could be pollen. That time of year again. It is usually proteins that cause allergic reactions so that leaves out the oils leaving only kelp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts