Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello. I have 1 chihuahua that is 4 years old and 1 yr old bichon/yorkie mix.

The chihuahua is getting over weight. We just bought a new house with a fenced in yard. She is getting her exercise. Not sure if we should put her on a special diet. She is a small chihuahua and I have been giving her 1/4 of a cup 2 times a day.

The 1 yr old bichon/yorkie mix has had ear issues and is always scratching at them. She is also biting her paws. I brought her to the veterinarian and he said it could be allergies or an ear infections. Well the medication for her ears never worked.

I have had both of them on Natural Balance small bites Ultra Premium Food (Chicken, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Barley, Potatoes, Carrots). Since I had the 1 year old. I switched both of them to Fromm Surf and Turf which has salmon and duck. chihuahua seems that she gained more weight. The 1 yr old bichon/yorkie is still itching, smelly ears, and biting paws... Any other foods you would recommend? I see natural balance has a sensitive small bite recipe... O and the chihuahua is super picky with food.
try nature's variety LID ,wellness simple solution ,or merrick how much does the chi weigh i have two a 3.5lb she is 4 years and 7 year old 6lbs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts