Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been unseasonably warm here lately, in the 80s Saturday and supposed to be again today. Well, for me, these gorgeous days give me flower fever lol. I went on a planting frenzy on Saturday (got plenty of buckets handy in case the temps drop too low for my new plants). Here's just a few of the new ones:

This is one of my rock gardens, in here you'll find several different varieties of Hosta, some pink and purple lamium, solomon seal, and these new columbine

the garden

and the new columbine

The longer garden along the front of the house. This one has lots of different things in it. A few Hosta, two peonies, star gazer lilies, goats beard next to the porch, a ton of pansies i just put in to add some continual color, a small area with a tiny blue flowered groundcover, a bleeding heart, an array of spring flowering bulbs like daffodil and hyacinth, and the new columbine ( I fell in love with the pretty delicate flowers of this one)

the flower from the new columbine in here

More...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the other front bed on the opposite side of the porch. In here you'll find, Astilbe, lots of spring flowering bulbs, snapdragons in the back corner closest to the porch, one hosta, pink lamium, lupine, more pansies and a random begonia i threw in there ;)

Lastly I made up the two hanging baskets. I've forgotten what the taller center annual is, but very neat looking flowers, mint and another spreading annual with little white flowers, again the name escapes me

I can't wait for the compost to be delivered so i can fertilize and then mulch the beds. I'll post more pics later on when everything is filling out and blooming

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
That blue and white columbine is the state flower of Colorado and it blooms wild in mountain meadows. It may very well be my favorite flower of all time! I have it in my garden but it does not grow as robustly as many other columbines I have so, I just replace it from time to time. All my other ones seed themselves all over the yard :)

And you know you live in New England when pictures of green shoots barely poking out of the ground prompt happy picture taking! Spring is finally here, and the garden is waking from it's long slumber!!!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Mary Mary quite contrary...

Oh wait... you're Heidi not Mary!! Silly me.

I can't wait to see everything in full bloom K.

Interesting that you use straw to line your hanging baskets. Great idea.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who you callin' Mary? :mad: :D

I planted more today :eek: Someone needs to stop me

A friend bought me those hanging baskets last year and i never got around to planting them (such a slacker) I think that's some sort of moss/hay they're lined with :confused:

·
Registered
7,761 Posts

That's our Dieselsmama ;)

Looking great, KJ!

I'm just excited one of my two Hostas I planted last year has sprouted anew...still waiting for the other. And apparently someone who lived here before planted daffodil bulbs in one of the flower beds...must have been a while ago because just a few made it and are still sending up plants, but it was a cheery surprise!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, your garden is filling in nicely. I wish we could have some hostas at my house, but we just get full sun. Its too intense. Hope you post some more pics in a while!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts