Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I have a one year old Yorkie Chihuahua and I'm can't figure out if he has fleas. He doesn't itch too extensively, but he's been biting the inside of his leg (where the skin is soft) and he has what looks like hot spot, but it feels... oily?
I haven't noticed any flea dirt when I brush him daily. Anyone know what this could possibly be?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it first hand, could you post a picture of the area?? In the mean time a call to the vet would be a good idea.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks like a mild reaction to an enviormental irritant or bug bites. Has he been out in the grass alot. My Bambi gets this when she rolls around in the grass alot. Try washing with cool water and mild soap, then try applying about 3-4 drops of lavender oil mixed with about 1/4-1/2 cup of witch hazel to affected area to help soothe and dry it out. See if that helps. If not and/or it begins to spread call your vet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would make sense, I've been taking him to a different park because it's closer. Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
933 Posts
No problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts