Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I found two fleas on my indoor cat. I don't usually give him flea meds because he doesn't go outside and we've never had a problem with him getting them. After I found the two fleas I went out the next morning and got advantage for him. I then saw one on my dog who wasn't due for his meds for another week but I went ahead and gave him his Comfortis a couple days early (vet said it was fine to do this). I've seen dogs that are really infested with fleas and my pets definitely weren't. I only saw a couple and there wasn't any flea dirt on them. I gave the dog a bath this weekend and didn't see any fleas, usually when a dog has fleas I see them more when they get bathed. I went home last Wednesday for fall break which was right after first seeing the fleas. Today, I get a message from one of my roommates saying our apartment is infested with fleas. She thinks she has seen two fleas in the apartment and one jumped on her. Roommate is not happy and wants the pets out of the house and wants me to get rid of the fleas.

Neither of my roommates have had pets in the house before so they are very freaked out about fleas I guess. I'm thinking its pretty unlikely that our apartment is infested with fleas, but I guess we could have them. When we have had our pets get fleas before we've just given them their meds and the fleas disappeared. Do I need to do more to get rid of the fleas? Does this sound like a flea infestation to you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts