Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago my puppy had contracted fleas. I gave her some pet armor and waited a few days..... still had fleas. Gave her a flea bath and and combed her fur with flea comb. Waited a few more days checked her again and she still had fleas. Gave her another bath, and a second dosage of flea armor. I check every day and for almost the last week she has been clean. Except for today, she had a flea on her. I killed it, and placed her back in her cage. I have not noticed any fleas in my house. My furniture is flea guarded along with the few rooms that have carpets. I have no flea bites and neither does my husband or daughter. And I haven't seen more than one flea at a time on my dog. But they are a little hard to see she is mostly black with allot of white patches and a white underbelly. I just don't know what to do anymore I don't want to risk a flea infestation in my house.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Vaccum daily (both furniture and carpets) and you can also add about a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to her water daily. Works for me... I also add Lavender oil, Cedar oil or the like (Murphy's oil soap) to the mop water for my hardwood floors.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The fleas could be coming in from the outside. You should sprinkle diatomacious earth or get some nematodes for flea control outside. Vacuuming everyday and throwing the bag out immediately well help too. I also don't think flea preventative should be applied like that. The website says you use it every thirty days, I would keep an eye on her for vomiting, diarrhea or any other worrisome symptoms. I would advise caution when using chemical pesticides, especially so many at once.

And why did you place her back in her cage? Just because she had a flea? :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately yes, bot for long, just long enough for the rain to stop so i can take her on the back porch n flea comb her.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Putting her in her cage won't make a difference, the fleas still jump off and will go through the cage bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts