Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Labeling is weird. A lot of times products are capable of things that they can't be labeled for until they jump through some regulatory hoops, even though it makes no sense whatsoever that a product would kill one species of tick but not another.

I'm having a vague memory I can't confirm that they are either just about to get approved to be able to label for deer ticks, or they just did, or something. Anyway, I'm personally confident that it does actually kill deer ticks.

ETA: If I didn't have neck-grabbing wrestlers in my house, I'd probably try the Seresto collars. But those things would last about two days on my dogs before they got torn off.
Thanks, good to know. That makes sense, but sometimes nature is weird, too, so you never know.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Many drugs lower the seizure threshold in dogs who are known to have seizures disorders like epilepsy. It doesn't mean they're going to cause seizures in a normal dog.

Having said that, there are so many options for products these days that you're not stuck using any one in particular if you're uncomfortable with it.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Not sure if you can get it where you are but in my area Tick Off is the prevention of choice tickoff.ca, its proven, all natural and totally safe. I have friends who live on farms and the ticks here are AWFUL..like set foot in a feild and 20 ticks will be running up your legs... every last one of em told me to instead of the chemical drops because since they started using it insread of the chemicals, they have not found any ticks on their dogs. I just bought it for the first time so I can't give a big personal recommendation but so far so good.... I took my dogs hiking last week and have spent the last week pulling 20-30 ticks off my dogs every day..I applied the tick off on thurs night and yesterday I only found 5 ticks(total) so it apppears to be working.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts