Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got a new litter of Flatcoats and I thought I'd share some pics. There are 11 in all--7 girls and 4 boys. These are our first liver puppies. We've always had just black puppies, so a new experience!

The photos aren't very good--they are from my cheapo point-and-shoot--but you get the idea!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
*squeal* Flatcoat puppies!!! Um, can you send me one??? :p Can't wait to see them grow up! Congrats, I don't think I've ever seen the liver color.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oo how cute!! Were you at the nationals in warwick? I saw my first liver flatcoat there they are so cute!!
Nope, wasn't in Warwick. Two of my Viggo's sons were, though--one in conformation (4th in his puppy class out of 16) and an older boy in field (3rd in Unsteady Singles competition and earned his final Junior Hunter leg).

I was in Vancouver Island, though, for the FCRSCanada national. I have a hard time making it to the FCRSA nationals because I teach at an elementary school and the specialty is rarely held when school is out! It is hard to convince your principal that you need a week off for a big dog show! LOL!

I actually prefer the black, having owned both now. Liver coats are hard to maintain, and I dislike the orange color they turn when they are in the sun too much. Here is daddy Ghillie, who two friends and I imported from the UK 3 years ago. He is a very dark liver, and I'm hoping his kids follow suit:

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
what a bunch of cuties!! i LOVE puppies. i really like the liver colour but i can see how it wouldn't look too nice if it was faded in the sun. the daddy dog is stunning!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Awww... So cute!

Are those white spots on them or what did you use to mark them?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Aww, they are adorable :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
What a wonderful size litter of nice chubby healthy looking puppies, Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts