Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in about a week I'll be leaving for vacation with my boyfriend and his family for a semi camping trip. They took their 2 dogs with them last year for the first time, they have a chihuahua and a puggle. Well this year I'll be taking Licorice with me to save me from paying for boarding, she is a chihuahua and gets a little skittish. I adopted her from a rescue about 3 years ago she was abused.
Well I freak out when she goes away from me, for instance today my boyfriends two dogs took off after a rabbit, and Licorice ran a little ways away from me and I yelled her back. I panick.
I'm getting her a better fitting harness to wear while we're on vacation and I was wondering what else you all suggested?

Me and my boyfriend will be staying in his grandparents camper, while his parents and his sister and her boyfriend and the dogs (including licorice) will be sleeping in a cabin. I feel safer walking her to the cabin at night when they go to bed and then going over to get her in the morning. She doesn't leave me side ever, but when she gets spooked she'll take off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anything? please!?

Licorice will actually be sleeping in the camper with me. I just worry myself to death that something is going to spook her and she'll get loose of her harness or something and take off.

Plus me and my boyfriend are going on a dinner cruise one night which means leaving Licorice behind with his family, and she's not too fond of other people beside me and my boyfriend, she gets skittish around other people and usually won't let them near her. I don't know what to do at all!!! :(

I wasn't planning on taking her in the first place, but my parents decided to plan their vacation the same week so I have no one back at home to watch her and I can't afford to board her. I seriously need something people?!!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Just keep her on a harness/leash at all times, tied to you if you have too.

Can you introduce her to your bf's parents before you leave her with them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I take her up to his house a couple times every other week or so, plus last year they baby sat her while my boyfriend and I went to the beach, but no matter how many times she's seen them, she's still a little skittish around them but only when I'm not around with her. She's perfectly fine as long as I'm with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts