Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :D

My husband and I just adopted a shelter puppy - our first pet together. Chuck (short for Charlotte) is a 10 week (at best guess) Shepherd/Hound (again, best guess!) mix. Her and her 4 siblings were found abandoned at about 2 weeks old, covered in fleas and with significant fur loss. The shelter was going to euthanize them till the rescue we adopted her from, found a foster home for them - phew! She is doing much better, with almost all her fur back, and no more fleas.

She is great for the most part - sleeping through the night in her crate, telling us when she has to go out, and is great when other people come to visit. We are having a little challenge with barking/growling to get our attention, but we are getting some great tips reading this forum! :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well, Welcome to the forum, Chuck! :) I am so glad your mom and dad found this forum. There is a lot to learn for new puppy owners. It will be great to get to know you.

I second the need for pictures, if you got them. :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df. Chuck is very cute, I'm seeing maybe border collie/staffy & not much sheltie. Just my opinion it's hard to tell until she grows. Gorgeous no matter what she is. And one lucky puppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts